1. It is negative degrees here. Today I drove 35 all the way to work because I followed a snowplow who was also salting the roads. It's too cold to even go sledding or ice skating. The weather is downright nasty. It's freaking Winter alright? Why then – may I ask – when driving home last night did I see not one, but two MEN – driving big "I'm a man with a small penis so I drive this HUGE truck with deer antlers on the front and playboy mud flaps and mufflers coming out of the box" trucks with their windows OPEN? Why do men do that?
Because they are super awesome truck driving dudes that think they are super HOT!! Who really knows why men do anything?
2. Is Richard Simmons gay? Is he straight? Has he ever come out? Does he have a lover?
I believe is gay - I mean he doesn't really try to fight the image. Other than being crazy on talk shows we never see him anywhere else so I'm thinking maybe he's had a long time partner. Again, I don't really know.
3. What's your favorite Cmas song?
OMG- any music question forces me to have multiple answers because I can't choose.
Favorites: I'll Be Home For Christmas - only by Frank Sinatra (It totally makes me cry) , The First Noel, Do They Know It's Christmas?(Yes- I was a pre-teen 80's girl when this came out - I love it), Last Christmas (wham only) , too many others...
HATE: The Christmas Shoes - this may be the worst song ever period. I can not even listen to, it's so horrible. I have yet to hear this year, which is a record. Please don't take offense if it's your favorite.
4. What is your most favorite and your least favorite Cmas movie? This seems to be controversial
Favorites: A Charlie Brown Christmas (the BEST), A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, The Grinch
Least Favorite: Frosty the Snowman
5. To all my corporate buddies out there….I have an important question. My brother is interviewing for jobs in the corporate world. He has an impeccable resume and good, long, stable job history with many impressive accomplishments. However – no bites after he interviews. He's convinced they are checking his credit record – which is not great. Now I've heard places do that…but really how common is it? I mean I work in a place where our work is completely for the government and classified and export-controlled and deals with citizenship and such and we do NOT check credit scores. How prevalent is this – especially when the jobs he's applying for are not even in the financial industry?
Yes, a lot of company's do run credit checks now, but in my experience it's done right before or after they make you an offer. Because companies have to pay to run background check they don't typically do it until they are further along in the interview process.


9 comments:
You're the second person to say Christmas Shoes...LOL.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates the Christmas Shoes song - it is the absolute worst!!!
I must be the only one who has never heard of that song. But maybe that is a good thing. And I hope to watch It's a Wonderful Life this weekend.
Linda, we never ran credit checks and I work at contracting firms for the fed gov. However, when we apply for our clearances our credit is checked regularly by the gov. But none of my straight corp jobs ever checked credit.
Christmas Shoes...LOL...I just thought I didn't understand country music.
I HATE The Christmas Shoes 'cuz nothing says Christmas like dead moms and shoes!
As you know, I work for a hospital and I was told that they would check my credit. We had some issues when Dave started his own business so my credit isn't great. I was up front and told the interviewer about what happened and why my credit report might not be so great. I would think that they'd have to get your permission to check your credit or at least let you know - wouldn't they? The Grinch is a family favorite.
Oops, I just realized that the question about credit checks was really from Draz and not from you. Duh!
Honestly, there's just something about east coast girls... I really appreciate your comments. The perfect blend of honesty and compassion. It turns out my bio dad lives in Towson. I'd be more interested in meeting my new found cousin, who lives in Fells Point. We'll see, I'm really more interested in pictures than meeting.
Did I miss an update on how your husband is doing with his band?
Hey there! I just wanted to say thank you so very much for stopping by and saying hello. I really couldn't believe it when I opened my computer and found comments! I hate to say it but I really planned on being totally off the radar for a while until I might catch up with people and reconnect a little bit. I can't tell you how much I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me an leave me a comment. I really wasn't sure if anyone was still out there or would take the time to leave me a comment. Thanks for that. That in itself is motivating. I'm going to spend some time catching up on your blog - I am so impressed with how well you have done. I'm ready to do that too and am inspired by you and how well you're doing. WOW. I want to learn from you and your success so I'll be reading you a lot!
Oh, and I laughed out loud reading your posts on the trucks. That is so funny to me b/c even here in VA its like that! You described it perfectly. *sigh* too funny...
Post a Comment