The Last 25

Friday, February 11, 2011

Do I Want It???

Well, this may be the longest I've ever gone without posting. I did have the little computer virus hiccup, but honestly half the time I post from email at work so that's not an excuse. I actually ended being able to fix the computer myself (hello safe mode + a good antivirus scan can work wonders) not sure why Rick's friend who used to work IT couldn't figure it out – thanks to Jen (from Oregon) for the Malwarebytes recommendation.

 

So I'm going to be honest and say I'm just getting tired of posting about how I weigh 17_ (fill in the blank as it varies) and WANT to be in the 160's. I've been in the 170's since the end of September, so honestly I've been in maintenance mode for 5 months. As much as I want to hit my goal I guess I'm really happy here or happy enough to not keep trying. I will honestly admit I am not trying to lose weight – at least my actions don't suggest that I am. Yes I don't eat very big meals, but my snacking has increased and I've become obsessed with these chocolate covered oat cookies from Trader Joe's (not a good situation).   

 

Is it a mental thing that's holding me back from hitting goal? I don't really know – I don't think my life will change if I lose 12 more pounds – so I'm not sure that's it. I've used the old "when you weigh less the weight loss slows down" excuse for awhile now and it really doesn't cut it when I see people out there losing quickly at my weight and lower. I am hardly Kate Moss – I've still got an overweight BMI and if I went to a Dr. who didn't know my history or about the band, they'd tell me to lose weight.

 

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I read Jen's (Life Little Journey) post this morning and felt like I could have copy and pasted a lot of it onto my blog. EXCEPT Jen decided she wants to keep going and is taking action. I need to do the same thing; I need to put some effort into these last 12 pounds. I have to decide I WANT IT. I do want it – so stay tuned.

17 comments:

LDswims said...

I'm stayin tuned. I hope you'll keep blogging no matter what!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Wanting it bad enough is the hardest part - but keep blogging - we can help!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

You can do it Linda! You have gotten this far and 12 more is right around the corner! Good luck and we all are here for you!

Amanda Kiska said...

I've been 17-something for too long too. I wish I had a good answer for you. One thing that had occurred to me is that the extra skin I have probably weighs 8-10 lbs. or so. I don't offer that as an excuse, but just something to think about.

Tracy said...

Don't stop belieeeevvving - hold on to that feeeeling!!! Sorry...couldn't resist.

Personally I have no idea how you feel because I have just begun this journey and the thought of being 170 anything give me big fat goosebumps!!! Please keep us informed about your progress because I have no doubt that I will be there one day (I hope so!)

Hang in there!

Tracy
bandedadventures.blogspot.com

Jen said...

We are twins. I'm stuck since Sept. too.
Good thing BOOBS 2.0 is in the works, it might just motivate me to lose another few ell bees.

MandaPanda said...

Staying tuned...can't wait to hear what plan of action you're going to take.

MB said...

I'm glad your computer is better.

It seems like everyone is kind of in the same place on here right now. Maybe it's just February Blah, and, hopefully, things will look up in March?!!! :)

Cindylew said...

Missed you cupcake. When you want it, you'll get it for yourself.

Barbara said...

Awe..sometimes we do get stuck.. but you know what.. set your sights on some spring clothes you might want to strut around.. to pick you up.. but your right 12 pounds wont make the world change, but it could put a smile on your face.. hugs

Bonnie said...

Glad you are back. Sometimes it's a blessing and a curse to be so close to goal. When you want it bad enough, you'll get there. We gotta be looking superhot for BOOBS 2.

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

I'm so glad you're back!! I'm sorry also that you're struggling. I am too actually. I keep thinking as soon as it warms up a little bit outside I'm going to be inspired to kick my own butt into gear! All I know is, this is only temporary for you - you're going to do this!

Read said...

You can do it. And you will when you decide to and there's nothing wrong with trying out this whole maintenance thing for a while - even if that hadn't been your plan going in. Now you've learned some things about maintenance.

As it begins to warm up, maybe we could meet up from time to time and take a walk or something like that - get us both out - shake it up a bit.

Rhonda said...

It's no fun to post when you don't have some kind of good weight news or cool NSV, but I know you can get those last 12 lbs off if you really put your mind to it.

Keep coming around and we'll offer encouragement every step of the way! :)

Tina said...

I was totally where you were...it is really hard when you have had so much success than ever before to keep pushing when it is just not so easy and the clothes fit great right? I decided I wanted it bad enough and could always regain if I wanted so I finally just honed in on identifying one or two things (mine was coffee and exercise) and made those two changes. I cut the coffee and upped the exercise. It did the trick to get me to goal. Only you can decide if you are truly happy to make this your goal or if you really want it but if you do you can do It I know you can.

Joey said...

Lady, I hear ya. You know what I think it is? Being a size 12 or less. That usually means shop anywhere, sit anywhere, do whatever. The weight just isn't stopping you from living life any more. At least that's what I tell my self. I love ya!

Steph said...

Hon, that's what we are here for. I'm on your cheer squad!!! You can do it...You are stronger than you know!