
1. How did you pick your blog name? I think I wanted something that said band but was not really band related. I work for a software company and bandwidth is mentioned a lot so it seemed to fit.
2. When did you start blogging? May 2009 - A few weeks before my surgery. I belonged to a June 09 group on LBT and the subject of starting blogs came up. I thought -hey why not? Little did a know the affect it would have on my success and life. Of the group of us that started blogs, I think Breanne (lap band lady) and I are the only ones that still blog actively.
3. Theme of blog? Weigh loss, life with band, real life...
4. Did you go to BOOBs 2010? Yes - I was on the planning committee last year too. It was awesome, overwhelming & fun. If it wasn't I don't think we'd be doing it again.
5. When were you banded? June 4th, 2009
6. How much have you lost? 121 pounds from my highest weight ever. 107 pounds since banding (according to this morning's weight)
7. What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs? Seeing all my girls, talking, laughing, having a great weekend
8. What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011? I want to reconnect with all my old buddies, but also meet some of the new bloggers. I don't think I've kept up with all the newbies so well the last year and I want to remedy that.
9. Children? Pets? One gorgeous daughter Cate (6), one old, loud cat (14)
10. Who is your roomie? I have two great roomies - Read(My Trek Downward) and Rhonda (Cozy Coconut)
11. What day do you arrive? Thursday, 10AM
12. What airport/flight/time? Midway
13. What events are you signed up for? The only formal thing I signed up for was the drag show Thursday night. I'm a go with the flow kind of girl (sometimes), so we'll see what happens
14. Hobbies? Baking, Cooking, reading
15. Career? I am a trained chef and cooked, catered for many years. I stopped when Cate was born and now work as a training specialist for a SW company. I would like to go back to the food industry...
16. Single? Married? In a relationship? Rick and I have been married for almost 11 years and together for 17(!)
17. Your birthday month? October!! I turn 40 (eek) the week after BOOBS so it part of my extended birthday celebration
18. What do you want other BOOBs to know about you? Hmm... I think I may come across as quiet and standoff - ish, I can be shy, but was I loosen up I'm silly and crazy like everyone else. So I guess, just don't be afraid to say 'Hi" to me.


6 comments:
I am excited to meet you! I will arriving on Thursday at 11:ooam :)
I think it'd be awesome if you went back into the food industry if that's what you're passionate about! Hell, maybe you should open a WLS-friendly restaurant chain! :) High protein, low fat - all the time!
I will come and work with you!! I love anything in the food industry. We actually considered working on a WLS cookbook/mail order food type thing!!
YAY!!! I can't wait!
Hey, I'm a new blogger. I enjoyed reading your post and finding out more about you.
Thanks for the comment on my blog.. you know I'll be blogging the results-- am not making any 'liquid' promises. But so far, by 9:49 am today, just have had coffee, tea and water... not feeling too hungry anyway.
No resistance, just flowing with the day!
Post a Comment