The Last 25

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hanging on

Hi all! Not sure what what compelled me to finally blog today, but here goes. I think I stop blogging, not necessarily when my weigh is up, but when I feel like I'm writing the same thing all the time. I get mad at myself when I keep saying I'm going to focus and lose weight and I don't, so I imagine it's frustrating to read too.

Honestly, I'm depressed. I can function and do my day to day stuff, but it takes all my effort some days. It stems from my job (which I know I've been complaining about for years), but it really has turned into a horrible situation. My department still all feels we might be laid off any day, even though our work load has doubled. I have 2 new managers now too, so I have to prove myself everyday even though I've done my job for 6 years. I'm being asked to do things outside of my job functions that make me feel uncomfortable (not that I can't do them, but I don't want to do them). Many of my coworkers who I'm closest too are leaving which makes the place even worse (even though I'm happy they are out). I had a job interview a couple weeks ago that went well - they asked me to come back twice in the same day, but I still didn't get the job - ughh.

I know I have been turning to my old friend, food, to self medicate. I've gained about 10-15 pounds since the first of the year. I'm trying to really focus on how much junk I'm eating and stop that. I joined Weight Watchers online and while I haven't been perfect, it's opened my eyes to how much I really had been eating lately. My weight has come down a little in the 3 weeks I've done it. I'll never be the person who loses 8 pounds a week, so slow is OK.  My goal is to get back in the 170's by BOOB's, which is totally doable since I was 185 this morning.

Speaking of BOOB's - is everyone is excited? I am - I need some girl time like crazy.

Hope everyone is doing well - I'm reading everyday. Sometimes seeing new blog posts pop up in my G**gle Reader is the best part of my day(at work), so keep writing. You never know who you are inspiring.

I'll keep hanging on here.

11 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I hate that your job is sucking the joy from your life...I'll keep praying something new pops up that is perfect for you.

speck said...

Hey Linda,

I've always said we are at work and with our co-workers more than we are with our family. So with that said, I believe it is important to like our jobs.

I hope you will continue to apply for other opportunites. I can only imagine how hard it would be to leave a job(I've had the same one for 28 years) but maybe you can see it as the end result will be better for you in the long run.

I never get tired of reading where someone is struggling. Hey, that's what we are here for. Some people snap out of things quickly, I don't. lol

Depression is not a good feeling. Are you taking vitamins. I just recently started taking my vitamins and calcium again and it has made a big difference for me.(even though I thought it was BS)

Anyways, sorry for so long. I'm thinking of you.

Sandra

The Re-up said...

I am so sorry. I understand a sucky job situation, as you probably can recall from my blog.
Hang in there and think about blogging regularly to express your frustrations. No shame in anything that has happened, just possibilities for changes to help yourself feel much better.xoxo

Jacquie said...

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time at work. It seems like you have been going through this forever! As far as your weight goes, you are doing the right thing with WW. It does help! Have you been to dr since all your work stress started? There may be things that a dr can help with?

When does miss Kate go bak to school? Kiddies are starting in my County tomorrow...poor Sarah (Stephs daughter) been back a few weeks! We start labor day week in NY so it's so strange for kids starting in mid August

Angela said...

I understand the work struggle for sure. I am sending all my good vibes and support! I am glad you blogged. Don't worry about what people want to hear! Just blog!

Maria said...

Hang in there, Linda! So sorry work is crappy. It's never easy with so much uncertainty.

Rhonda said...

I'm sorry your work situation is getting worse. But just focus on BOOBy-ness of it all. Can't wait to see you next month!

jennxaz said...

so sorry to hear about your job...you must find something better, especially if you are losing your support there. Good luck and YES I AM JACKED ABOUT BOOBS!!!!!

MandaPanda said...

Ugh! The thing about stress at work is that we spend so much stinkin' time there! Keeping my fingers crossed that a better opportunity presents itself. ((HUGS))

Steph said...

We love you, Snow...I'm sorry the job sucks, but just think about the fun we'll have getting shitballs drunk in Chicago, just like we did in Palm Springs. We are all in need for girl bonding. Hang in there!

Joey said...

I am very excited to see you!!
The job crap is just that, crap. It can be such a drain, so exhausting. When I'm in a good head space I think, if I use food to medicate because ______ is so awful (job, friend, mom, whatever), then they win and I lose because I'm punishing my own self.

Again, that's when I'm able to see clearly, which isn't always.

BUT you have a girls weekend to look forward to next month. YAY!