Ok - so I'm seven days from surgery and started to get very nervous. I can't help but think of the worst and what would happen to my daughter and I am I being incredibly selfish doing this? So I thought I would start this blog to occupy my mind and document the journey. Bear with me as I learn how to do this and create an interesting blog.
2 comments:
I think it's natural for us, as mothers, to think that way. Life is filled with risks, though, and all you can do is make the best, most informed choices possible. If you never took any risks, you'd never have any fun! (Sorry if that sounds like a canned speech; it's the same talk I gave my partner yesterday after our two-year-old got some nasty scrapes on his cheek!)
Thanks Caroline- I try to banish the thoughts but we all have them. I'm trying to focus on the positives after surgery. Playing with her more- not dreading going to the pool. If you're in DC where are you having surgery?Maybe you're not in DC - hard to tell with names.:)
Post a Comment