So I haven’t posted for awhile… but I have been faithfully reading about all my band buddies lives (everyone’s doing so well). I’ve been busy at work and home. Almost the minute I came back from my medical leave we found out that another person in my small work group will be going out on medical leave next week for 9 WEEKS! Much her job (which is very technical – I’m not) will fall on my shoulders because there are only four of us in our group and the other two are my superiors. Anyway, I’ve been scrambling to learn her job – normally this would send me running to a 1 pound bag of M&M’s, but I’m holding strong.
On a better note we went for a long weekend to the Outer Banks of NC. It was very beautiful and relaxing. My sister and her family rented a huge house and we went with my parents, so it was a big group. Above is a picture of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and Cate and I walking on the beach.
I went for my first fill today; I got 5 cc’s (hopefully). It took her a while to find my port and she injected 3 cc’s in my stomach and had to refill the syringe! It didn’t hurt much thank goodness. I do not have to eat liquids only, unless I don’t feel good eating soft foods. So far I’ve had some soup and Greek yogurt. Can’t say I can tell any difference in restriction – I’m hoping I’m one of those people that feel it a day or two later. The NP who did my fill said I can come back in two weeks so I’m definitely going to do that. I really shouldn’t complain because I know some people only get a few cc’s the first fill. I’ll actually be the opposite way – she fills aggressively and then gives smaller fills.


2 comments:
i think i like the idea of agressive from the start. that way you can really get down to business. i'll have to ask my doc what they do.
mamawood- I'm glad I got the nurse practitioner rather than my surgeon, because I'd heard she gave good first fills. I'm curious to see what I'll get for my second probably 1 or 2 cc's.
Post a Comment