I genuinely love the Christmas season, the lights, the food, decorations, going to mass during Advent - everything. This year it seems like a lot of us are down - some for big things, some for little, but blogland is a little in sad lately. Personally, we had our official exit interviews and benefits reviews with the big "brown" corporation that sold my company this week. It a weird situation because we are terminated from our jobs on 12/31, but we haven't gotten official offers from the investment firm that bought us. So we're in limbo - they say of course nothing will change, but we have REAL guarantee that we'll have jobs on January 3rd.
So anyway back to Christmas - I listen to the all Christmas song station on the radio and heard We Need a Little Christmas on the way home. The thing about the song is that it sounds all upbeat and cheery, but when you listen to the words it's about getting the Christmas decorations up because they NEED it - they need the hope. So I think we need it too, I know I do.
This weekend we are taking Cate to The Nutcracker and putting up our decorations. I'm going to take tons of pictures and post them to get the Christmas spirit going. I want all of you to do something too - post pictures, put up a clip of your favorite Christmas song- whatever gets you in the spirit. and if you're not a Christmas person, how about posting something you love about Winter?
That's your assignment if you choose to accept it. Love to you all and Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating!


12 comments:
I love it! I'll get a post up this weekend...or two. There is a lot to love about this season, I think!
Hang in there Linda. I've been in that limbo and I know it is an odd feeling...very unsettling. But you are doing the right thing by not letting it diminish your joy about Christmas. You are a level headed woman. I like that!
So right. Christmas is about finding the beauty and light of moving forward. Hope all works out with the job.
And my fav song is War is Over by John Lennon but I like the version sung by Neil Diamond. I've been listening to carols since Nov. 12th.
I love me some Christmas music too, especially the older stuff -- there is a great XM station called Holiday Traditions I've been listening too.
We're putting up the tree this weekend. And I really want to put a wreath or something on the porch this year.
I love this, Linda. Merry Christmas!!!
Just last night we were dancing around the ktichen to We Need a Little Christmas. I love that song.
Good luck with the job stuff. You're a gem, and I hope the suits see that.
I love this!! I will definitely post some pictures of the decorations I've been obsessed with putting up! You are so right too - we all need a little more Christmas! (I've been listening to the same station constantly - I even changed my kids radios to it!)
I came home from my workout to find that hubby had put out the Xmas lights. It was such a nice surprise. I love looking at the lights but the putting up part - not so much.
Great Idea!! I put up my Christmas stuff last weekend but am not done yet. I am up beat but swamped and tired as a result. I will do that long awaited vlog in front of my Christmas tree OK? :)
Challenge accepted! I think you're right...blogland certainly needs a little Christmas at this point. My decorations are going up this weekend and I'll post all the festive pics on Monday! Great idea!
Um...besides the smells of cinnamon, vanilla, spices, chocolate and peppermint all over the place? Ok, something not food related....I love how cute my little girl is all bundled up in her jacket, mittens and hat and walking up from the playground at her school to meet me with the rest of her class. They look like primary colored penguins and its so adorable that I gasp a little every time.
I'm in! Gonna decorate today and tomorrow! I am not down at all but I just am not in the Christmas Spirit yet! Perhaps this weekend will be the turn around! I was in The Nutcracker every year until I was a maybe 16. I love it still. But I always want to dance it.
Post a Comment