The Last 25

Monday, March 7, 2011

Stuff

Ughh - Generally no news is good news, but in the blogging world it's usually avoidance right? Although I don't know truly what I'm avoiding - I'm doing OK (same weight as the last 5 months so maybe not OK), but maintaining is OK I  guess. I am tired of writing that I want out of the 170's, but never stepping up my game. I say I'm doing OK food wise, but nightime snacking has really crept back in my life hard core. Not tons of of food because if so I would be gaining, but enough to keep me from losing.

I don't want to say that I haven't been blogging because of my weight or lack of loss, maybe just a general malaise. I love winter, but I'm ready for spring.

I feel like I'm hitting a critical point here for many reasons and I really need to make a REAL plan to get to my goal of 160 by the end of April.
Some of the reasons are:

My size 12 jeans are falling off, but the 10's I try on give me huge muffin tops - a few pounds would fix this issue
I have a small bridesmaid dress on the way (it gets in on the 24th)
I recently bought my goal bag - and want to carry it!!! It's a Kooba Sloane - they made them like 5 years ago and I fell in love with it, but didn't buy it. They stopped making them, but they occasionally pop up on Ebay or consignment shops.
I JUST WANT TO SEE 160!!!
I'm afraid if I don't change my course a bit I WILL gain


So how will I accomplish this goal? I've always been really clear that diets make me crazy and I lust for what ever food you tell me I can't have. I know I should have more will power, but I don't. What has worked for me is not having any off limit foods BUT when I was really losing I didn't keep crap in the house (if I wanted it we would get something out and be done with it). So no more crap in the house, especially carbs. Also I've never really tracked my food since surgery but I was a big Daily Plate user before surgery during my 6 month diet and I'm going to start again just to keep it in check (not to restrict food). I really need to find a way to equate calorie tracking with just "life" and not "diet".

I figured out my current BMR is 1527, so based on that my current calorie needs to maintain my current weight is 1832 per day. So if I plan to stick to a very doable 1400 per day that's a pound a week (in theory). If I can go 1000-1200 even better.

On the exercise front I bought a new Lululemon bra (the ta-ta tamer). OMG - it's so great. It really holds the girls down (I'm still a 36DD), but is very comfortable and doesn't give you uniboob. I've also bought a pair of Ecco tennis shoes that are designed to help plantar fasciitis. They are really supportive in the heel and take away any excuse I have for not walking. I'm going focus on just hitting the treadmill 3 times a week and see what happens.

Everything else right now is going OK. My job is my job. I am trying to suck it up and have polished up my resume and have been applying for things.

I'm extremely excited about the NYC brunch in less than 2 weeks! My mini goal is that I can at least least hit 169 by then ( I was 173 this morning).


16 comments:

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynda said...

To me, "diet" represents a lack of choice. I try to think of food journaling as a way to help me make informed decisions about what I choose to eat. That way, the tracking becomes a tool to help me make good choices, not a tool that takes away the choice.

MandaPanda said...

I like the way Lynda looks at journaling. I find that tracking lets me see where some hidden calories are popping up and I can usually eliminate or decrease those things fairly easily. Good luck!

Jen said...

You can do it Linda, I've been where you are. I just decided a few weeks ago that enough was enough and I "WANT" it! When you are there, and it sounds like you are, you'll know it.

LDswims said...

It sounds like you have a great plan and motivators, as well. I know you can do this. They always say 'when you ar ready you will' - and it sure sounds like you are ready!

Amanda said...

That is how I feel about food journaling..what Lynda said! Doesn't mean I can't have the "bad" food just keeps me accountable. So glad to hear from you though. I was just thinking of you yesterday! Like you, I am ready for spring! Damnit.

Ms. M said...

I've approached food the same way. Nothing is off limits. I don't keep junk food in the house. But if I want something I will go have it without feeling guilty. I say it on my blog frequently, and I think its so true, what we do once in a while isn't going to hurt us. Its what we do day in, day out that will get us to our goal. It sounds like you have a great plan to reach your goal. :)

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Great job Linda...and even better outlook. You know you can do it. You have gotten this far... keep on chugging!! :)

MB said...

I know you can get there!

Have fun at the NYC brunch! I wish I could join you all.

Bonnie said...

I'm sure that once you get that exercise in you'll see the 160s.

Okay, here's the deal. You need to get out of the 170s by our trip to NY and I need to get out of the 240s. It will be a stretch for me because I'm looking at around an 8 lb loss in 2 weeks (I say around because I'm pmsing so hoping some of the lbs are water weight and I'll lose fairly quickly). I've mostly been in the low 240s the past few weeks, so I'm thinking that is my "real" weight. What do you think?

Steph said...

Thanks for the reccomendation on the Ta-Ta tamer. I've been lookign for a non-uniboob sports bra and I think this might do the trick. I want to start jogging, but I think I would hurt myself if I tried to run with my funbags going in all directions! You will hit the NYC goal, Linda...I have faith in you and I know you are ready for this!

Amanda Kiska said...

I've been in the 170's for months too. I feel your pain!

FritoBandito said...

I am currently using the same "knowledge is power" philosophy Lynda describes in my approach to tracking calories. I can still eat at a restaraunt, but I look at my options before I go so I can make informed decisions. I think my friends think I'm "silly" for wanting to know how many calories in a quesadilla...but I like knowing so I can make adjustments in the rest of the day. No guilt...just informed decision making. :)

Joey said...

I have read this 3 times because I'm not sure what to comment. My weight has st-st-stalled. I've lost 8ish pounds since October. Lame. So excited to see you!!!

Read said...

I really like what people are saying about journaling as a tool - I'm going to try that. And thanks so much for the bra suggestion I'm definitely going to look into that - it's a very hard thing to find proper support for the girls!

Gen said...

Hi Linda! Did you try tracking your food? I did it for a while and it really helped. Somehow its not as bad as "dieting," since you can eat whatever you want, no one is telling you what to do. I want to try that bra!

So jealous about NYC, say hi to everyone for me!