The Last 25

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guess what I forgot?

I got an email from obesity help the other day wishing me happy bandiversary. Wow, I can't believe I forgot and Wow, it's been 2 years. Last year I was so obsessed with hitting a certain goal by my 1 year anniversary that June 5th was etched in my head.
I guess it's good I forgot, it means I'm living my life. On the other hand, I have been really down and struggling about why I can't mentally get past whatever it is that's stopping me from hitting goal. I kind of think I need to focus on these last pounds more intensely than the first.

I'm not going to focus on what I haven't accomplished, but what I have in the last two years:
I've lost 111 pounds!!
I wear skirts and non-Mom bathing suits in public now
I've met tons of new friends (you all)
I've gained self worth and confidence
I can shop anywhere now
I can walk and run in public without being embarrassed
So many other things...

Last but not least we had Cate's ballet recital a few weeks ago and I can never resist a good collage. 2009's was a week before surgery.  

16 comments:

Darlin1 said...

Linda......you look great! I know you want to reach your goal..but ENJOY...because you look GREAT!

XO

Darlin1 said...

PS I only have 1 cup of coffee in the morning....and I really don't want to give it up!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Wow! Such a difference from 2010 to 2011 even! You look so beautiful - your face changed so much in your pictures. I can relate with what you're dealing with - trying to get the last bit off. How many pounds are we talking here for you? I've got 30 to go....

Kerri said...

WOW, what a transformation! Beautiful!

MB said...

Happy Bandiversary!!!! You look wonderful!!!

Tina said...

you are both looking thinner :) I know you can do it!!

xxxooo

Amanda said...

you look beautiful! Happy Bandiversary to you...you are such a success!!

Alison said...

The change is just immense, it's easy for me to say but you look fantastic I'd stay exactly how you are!

MandaPanda said...

What an absolutely amazing transformation!! 111 lbs in 2 years is just fantastic!!! You look great, it sounds like you feel great and although you may not be at goal, I think you've got a great outlook! Happy Bandiversary!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Happy Bandiversary Linda!!

Rhonda said...

Happy late bandiversary! You all look great, and it even looks like your husband has lost. :) Great comparison photos!

Lap Band Gal said...

Congrats on your 2 year bandiversary! :)

Rachel said...

Linda you look beautiful. You are a mentor! I appreciate you.

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Hey LInda - I live in Virginia Beach - MD is not far away at all! We should try to meet up sometime. It would be very cool!

Amanda said...

mmmm...brussel sprouts au gratin. Might have to make it tonight!

Read said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! As I've told you before, you look amazing!!!