The Last 25

Friday, July 22, 2011

Heat and Bands

We all know that things affect our bands tightness (stress, hormones, flying) even if our Dr.'s don't always get it. I am so super tight right now and have the double whammy of extreme heat and hormones.
I just slimmed up some hummus and crackers ( I have to say I think it was my first "real slime" since surgery) and it sucked.
Am I the only person on the East Coast that is looking forward to a big bowl of soup for dinner?
How much do outside factors affect the tightness of your band? Is this heat wave affecting you at all?
 

9 comments:

Steph said...

Just call me Tighty McTightwell. This heat and humidity here in Florida has me uber poofy and when I retain fluid, I get tight. I had a hard time with mashed potatoes and shredded chicken at lunch today. 95 degrees with 95% humidity is no fun. Normally we have the breezes to help cool us off, but today we've got bupkus and I've been hoofing it all over campus today. I hope you get relief soon!

Rachel said...

You read my mind...I'm in VA and work stress coupled with the heat has given me intense restriction. I slimed for two hours and projectile vomitted yesterday on a small amount of chicken...Yikes...I'm glad you mentioned this in your blog. I didn't realize heat could have this impact.

Amanda said...

heck yah! I am tight tight tight! I found a protein shake just slowly moving down. Talk about brain freeze!

Kristin said...

Oh yes, all of it. Heat, humidity, elevation and hormones (both at ovulation and when my period comes, so twice a month, lucky me!). It's amazing what a difference it makes.

hang in there.

kagead said...

I am pretty sure I am too tight to begin with, but this past week has been INSANE. The heat is making things worse- no question about it. Putting in a call to my NP on Monday if things don't improve.

Anonymous said...

Yes- I noticed some foods I have eaten before are not cooperating. I take one or two bites and that is it in this heat. In PA today I saw 104 on the temperature gauge in my car.

Tina said...

Heat has tightened me up but I wonder if it is related to dehydration? It is soooooooo cold here in the UK that I am envying you right now :( I haven't had on a pair of shorts in more than a week!!

xxxooo

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

I am super tight right now. Not something that I have experienced yet. I actually have been enjoying it. Thinking... this is what it is supposed to feel like.
Feel better soon!! Looks like we will get a break by Monday!

Read said...

I'm so sorry you had your first real sliming experience - that totally sucks!!!

I don't think anything effects my tightness, not a damn thing. I'm sorry you're so tight.