The Last 25

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hey, it's me...

So apparently it's been awhile time since my last post. I don't feel like it's that long since we're knee deep in BOOBS planning right now and since I'm trading a ton of emails with the other planners I feel very BOOBS focused, but I'm ignoring my own little blog.

So what's been going?

  • Well weight loss is still pretty slow. I am struggling with my "sweets treat" at nights, they need to go.
  • I KNOW I need to exercise to get where I need to be. Catherine's recent post about that really woke me up. I'm trying to work on finding extra time in the schedule for something structured. I also signed Cate and I up for mother/daughter Zumba on Saturdays in the fall.
  • My Mom is having a hard time with some adjustments to her medications and is really struggling emotionally. This is hard on many levels, hard to see her upset, hard on my 83 year Dad who is doing too much, hard on me(and my siblings). I feel like it's affecting me more than I know right now, but she had a better week and we're going to see them tomorrow.
  • Work is still not good. We had a company picnic/meeting a week ago and were told the team was in place (no more layoffs) and it was great, etc. Then 2 business days later they laid off a great worker with 14 years tenure and a ton of little kids at home. It sucked and felt very cut throat.
  • At that same picnic I drank a little too much, but also walked around a work function in shorts (nice walking shorts - not Daisy Dukes) and a tank top with no self conscientiousness. Big NSV (the beer may have helped a little).
So that's what's been going on lately, nothing exciting. We're chugging along here. I am seriously looking forward to Chicago (if you haven't sent in your meal selection - do it!!!)

Did you see how pretty my blog is? Of course, Jenny spruced it up for me - she's the best. Seriously the best.

Have a great weekend!!!

12 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Ugh about your job!!! Holy shitheads. I hate that this economy is making it possible for employers to treat staff like such crap. Ugh.
And of course: I am so sorry about your mom... hang in there and keep posting to get this all of your chest.
Let's work together on kicking the sweets to the curb... that's my focus right now.
:-)

Amanda said...

Gosh, don't they know that adding that kind of stress to peoples lives does not help their work performance..therefore causing a loss in money!! Grrrr

Loving the blog spruce up! Looks very chic!

Lynda said...

Glad to have you back!

Jacquie said...

First....I will keep your mama in my prayers!

Second...I love, love, love your new blog design...that Jenny is something!

Third...you were 100% correct when you told me my Lululemon tank, size 10 would be too big! I got it today and the size 8 pants fit perfect (if you call hugging my fat thighs and knees perfect!) but the top is too big! Going back on Monday.

Fourth...I too am so looking forward to Chicago and I can't wait to see you!

CC said...

Love the new blog look and I love the pic and your sweet little face! xoxo

Anonymous said...

So good to see you! Can't wait to give you a hug in Chicago!

Anonymous said...

Love the new design. Very classy.

Rhonda said...

Love the new look, and great NSV! Thanks again for all the work you gals are doing to make BOOBs memorable for the rest of us. :)

You rock!

Read said...

The blog is gorgeous!!! Jenny is amazing!! This one looks so very much like you!!

~Lisa~ said...

Your Mom, and your family are in my prayers..

I love your new blog!! Your picture is absolutely beautiful!

MandaPanda said...

Love the new blog look! I hope things improve with your mom...so hard as parents get older.

Joey said...

Frowny face about your mom and your job. It's your turn to get a kick-ass new job. I heart you!