The Last 25

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patricks Day and Stuff





Hello lovelies! I hope you all are well.
Today is St. Patrick's Day - I don't know if you celebrate in any way, but it's a day everyone is Irish. I am a bit Irish and my husband is a lot Irish we so we'll celebrate a little. I bought Irish bangers at Trader Joe's and will make a potato dish with it. Rick and I were luck enough to spend 3 weeks in Ireland when we were in Culinary school (trained at a big hotel in the country about an hour North of Dublin and of course I tried to stalk Bono).
It really is the most beautiful, friendly country. I remember my roommate and I had a little kitten that hung out in our cottage and it was sick so we took it to the local vet. After we went the vet and his friend invited us to go to the pub for a pint (nothing weird, they were older grandpa types) - I can't imagine having that happening here.

Everything is plugging along OK here. We moved offices this week (same building just a floor up) so work will be chaotic next week unpacking. The new offices are ugly - perhaps another incentive for me to find a new job.

Weight wise I am in the same place, but I can't say I've been trying really hard. We are doing a family 5k in April so we've been taking long walks on the weekend - that's been helping at least keep things in check. I was going to buy slimfast or Atkins shakes last week and do liquids during the day, but then I always think I shouldn't have to do that. I just need to use my band better.

Nothing too exciting going on this weekend - although our weather has been amazing so we can get outside and walk. I started cleaning our extra bedroom last weekend, which had become a junk collecting room and hope to finish it today. I'll probably watch some basketball too - my team is already out, poor Blue Devils, so now I have pick a new team to cheer for (or maybe I'll just cheer for whatever team plays Carolina).

Love to you all - keep fighting the good fight.

8 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm a little bit Irish too...love you girly!

Gilly said...

I'm 1/2 Irish (dad is from Belfast) and we don't really do anything. In fact, dad always says that March 17th is his unlucky day. And I woke up with a sense of impending doom...hope I'm just being stupid, because Michael is outside using a power saw right now...

Tina said...

I am not Irish :) and David is Welsh...so I don't think we should celebrate :) haha...It is Saturday so just celebrating a day off is pretty good in my book holiday or no. Maybe I can do some green food or get a corned-beef. I do love corned beef.

Your vet and the pub story sounds so nice. I agree it would never happen here in a big town but probably would in some small ones.

xxxooo

Sandy said...

I think everyone gets to be Irish today. You just gave me a good idea for dinner! Thanks.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

How interesting! Stalking bono must have been awesome!! I live and breathe by the atkins shakes just about lol...the caramel cafe ones are my flavor and I periodically have to do full liquid when I find myself getting out of hand. I wish I didn't have to but it's the only way I can get myself focused off the food. I love your blog design. It's so pretty!

Jacquie said...

I'm not Irish but we d the corned beef thing anyway! I love it once a year only.

Rhonda said...

Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day.

I'd love to visit Ireland, I'm always up for a pint. ;)

Barbara said...

Great post. I spent mine in Boston. Now that is a crazy Irish town and a super good time. Hugs!