The Last 25

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It was 3 years ago today....

That Dr. Lidor put this band inside me in the hopes that I could get my weight under control.
I'm sure at the time if I thought about 3 years in the future with my band, but here I am.
I'm not going to get too introspective I think because the past 6 months or so have been the worst for me as far as eating and I'm slowing working through it and coming out the other side. So here are some bandiversary bullet points:
  • I never regret getting my band (except when I really want a sandwich)
  • I have lost 105-110 pounds (depends on how I'm doing)
  • My diabetes is in remission
  • I feel normal (at least size wise)
  • I have made wonderful friends through my blog
  • I am still a work in progress, I will never NOT have to think about what I eat and how I use food, but I have help with my band
  • Every one of you helped me lose this weight - never underestimate the power of support



18 comments:

Jacquie said...

Happy Bandiversary Linda! I think in every sense of the word, you are a SUCCESS! You may not be where YOU want to be 3 years out but you have come so far and are so much healthier for it! Congrats!

Steph said...

Way to go, Snow! You have done amazingly with your band and you are a perfect example of a success story :)

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

Maria said...

What an awesome list! Happy Bandiversary!

Amy said...

congrats!! :) :)

Sarah G said...

Happy Bandiversary! Congrats on a job well done!

Theresa said...

Happy anniversary! What a great union!!!

Sarah said...

Happy bandiversary. I hope I am as successful as you are.

Angela said...

Congrats! I am going to have a "demo" in your honor tonight....you should probably do the same! :)

MandaPanda said...

Happy Anniversary! You've done so well!

CeeJay said...

Happy Bandiversary!!! It is always such a blessing to come to the blogs and read someone else's story. You are a total success! You are so right, it is a constant journey, ever changing with its ups and downs. But look at what you have accomplished. You are awesome!!!!

Sandy said...

Love you and miss you. You have done amazing. And so much more life to come.

Kristin said...

Congratulations you are amazing!

Barbara said...

Love you Linda. Congrats on all of your accomplishments. And thank you for being such a great band inspiration.

Dani said...

Congratulations, I hope I can do as well as you! :)

Darlin1 said...

very inspirational linda!

i'm so glad we are here together!

happy anniversary!

xo

Tully said...

Congratulations! I agree with Jacquie, you are a band success in every sense of the word.

zbayardo said...

wow, 3yrs! CONGRATS! i can't imagine what it will be like in 3yrs for me. i've been overweight all of my life so it's kind of hard to see things differently.
BUT i'm joining the land of the bandsters next tuesday, the 26th. i'm both scared and nervous and anxious to get my journey started.
i just found you blog so i'll be faithful follower. THANKS!