The Last 25

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Exercise ?!?!?

Ok - I think I've mentioned that while I've done well with weight loss to this point it has been through calorie control alone. I'm not going to say I've never enjoyed exercise, but it's hard to integrate it back in your life when it's been gone for a long time. I was active when I was younger, playing soccer and swimming (and I still swim) but I can't seem to find time or energy to do much else lately.
Well, that excuse has to stop - I read everyone's blogs and how they're running and lifting weights and I want to do the same. I know it's unrealistic for me to say I'm going to get to a gym because I have a long commute in the morning and after work I pick up Cate from daycare so I don't have a lot of free time. We have a great walking trail in the development we live in, but I'm not supposed walk excessively because of plantar fasciitis. So, what's a girl to do?
I've had an Amazon gift certificate I've been saving for something exciting and last night I decided exercise will be exciting. I ordered the two DVD's below in hopes that they will be what I need. I plan to start getting up a half an hour early and doing 30 minutes, 4 days a week. I know it's not bootcamp, but I've got to start somewhere. I've also got one of those Walk away the Pounds DVD's I might do in between these to if it doesn't bother my heel too much.












My six pack will be like Jillian's soon...(ha,ha,ha)

My next goal is to buy these Ecco athletic shoes that are made for Plantar support, but I save my pennies.
The DVD's come tomorrow, so I'll give a report Friday(if I can move my body afterward) .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jillian doesn't look so mean on that cover!! I really gotta dig mine out, I think they are still in the bag I brought them home in, one is a Jillian and the other is some kind of Biggest Loser exercise DVD. Getting up early and doing it first thing would be the solution for me too. I do have a Rec Center that I WILL join on Friday and incorporate some after work work outs too. We'll do it together and see how it goes! Deal??

Linda said...

Kathi -Deal! We can do it!

Gen said...

Way to go getting on the exercise wagon! Just take a look at Mary, the exercise queen who lost 100 lbs in less than 7 months! Great inspiration!

Let me know how you like the DVDs, I think I need something other than running, because it is too easy to back out when the weather is bad, too dark, etc. I have a treadmill but not always in the mood for that either.

Brooke said...

Awesome Linda.

I used to have PF, too and I really, really feel for you. There's such a horrible pain when it's really acting up and I found nothing helped.

Can't wait to hear how it goes when you get those dvds!