Thanks to the lovely Cara's birthday wishes I have decided when I wake up tomorrow I will be positive & excited for my 38th birthday. 37 was a blur because I was obviously focused on getting surgery and that dominated a lot of life when I think about it. One thing I decided to do was make a list of things that are better/different since my last birthday.
Here goes:
I am over 40 pounds lighter
I have more self confidence
I no longer take any meds for diabetes
I am happier - not because I'm thinner, but my general mood is better
When I look down in the shower I see my feet
I no longer binge in the car on the way home from work
I run and play with Cate more
I haven't had a bad back in a long time
I have tons of new blogging friends - thanks for all the support
My libido is better
Well I could go on, but that makes me feel better. I'm not going to caught up on the number because there's no point, but I'll keep improving myself and maybe next year I'll have an even longer list. :)
Have a great week everyone!!


12 comments:
Happy Birthday Linda!!
Great list Linda!
And Happy Birthday! You are just a baby, not yet 40! Enjoy your day.
Happy Birthday and congrats on your new healthier life! I agree with Gen, you are still young! Hell, I stayed 39 for a least 6 years..lol
Happy b-day!
- they say it's your birthday .... happy birthday to you!
hope you have a good one and may this year be even better than the last.
Hap Hap Happy Birthday. 38 was one of the best years of my life!
happy birthday-You have years yet before you are old :) and even longer because you are becoming healthy!
And from me again - A huge Happy Birthday and I hope you get totally spoiled because you deserve it bunny!! (try to love being where you are at 38 because I have almost 6 years on you lol sheet!! so 38 sounds actually quite nice!!)
I love your list and it made me take stock too! I am not budging either on the scales so I did a mental list like yours.. I'm right where you are and you know what.. let us both be proud of what we have so far achieved.. it can only get better.
Mwah
Cara
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!Hope you have a great day...and like a fine wine, we only get better with age...(and a lapband) LOL....adding up all those things on the list make it all better (regardless of where the scale is)...x
Happy Birthday, Linda - you've had an awesome year!!!!
Thanks Everyone!!!
Linda, email me at coloradofamily@hotmail.com. I will pack some stuff up for you and send it right out!
Happy Birthday again!!!
Post a Comment