The Last 25

Monday, August 30, 2010

We survived !!

OK, I know I'm a drama queen, but we made it through the first day of Kindergarten (yea!). Cate did a great job and was very calm and collected. I was able contain my tears until after she was off.
Here's my big, grown up girl on her way to school

They had a Boo - Woo breakfast for the Kindergarten parents after the drop off. I grabbed a doughnut, but only licked the chocolate off  the top (no way I could eat it at 9:00AM). It's the small victories, here's to day 2....

PS- bought my first 12 jeans today (well first in like 15 years) - yea!

31 comments:

Jen said...

Oh My Gosh!!! She is so cute and is a little Linda. She looks just like you!
Tomorrow will be better for you - you can do it!

Amy said...

Adorable! I know I'll cry when it's my turn, but right now, the thought of a few hours alone at home is priceless! :)

Good job with no tears!

Stephanie F. said...

She is so adorable. Glad you made it!

Bonnie said...

She so looks like a little lady. My "baby" starts middle school tomorrow. BOOOHOOOO!!! they grow up too darn fast.

MB said...

She looks so much like you here! So precious!!!

Nella said...

too cute! wow - size 12! ENJOY!

Gilly said...

Look at that sassy girl! Love it! My little one starts next week. Then I will have 2 in school and I am officially a lady who lunches. Until 11:30 anyway, when I go pick him up.

Size 12 jeans...ah dare to dream :)

Tina said...

wahooo....successful kindergarten and size 12. Way to go you.

Tina

Michelle said...

What a cutie! She looks a lot like you!

Sam said...

She looks just like you:) Congrats on the jeans and seeing your little girle off to kindy.

Barbara said...

a total cutie pie.. and I totally remember those days.. cherish them dearly.. and HOT DAMN about those size 12 jeans.. work 'em baby!!

Andrew said...

They grow sooo quickly...My eldest starts senior school....DAMN..Im getting old.

Shrinking Mommy said...

from one drama queen to the other... boohoo. she is adorable!

congrats on the size 12s! that is all that matters in life anyways! lol.

Island Bandit said...

glad to hear you both survived. my goodness she looks like her mama! Congrats on avoiding the doughnut debacle. and size 12s = wowser!

Amanda said...

She is so cute! I bet your are thrilled with the size 12 jeans! I can not wait to have that victory! Glad you survived, I can imagine it is hard to let your baby go! :)

MandaPanda said...

Too cute! And YAY for size 12's!

Kristin said...

Kindergarten is such a big step... congrats to all of you for making it through Day 1.

And AWESOME on the size 12s!!

Lynda said...

Gosh!--she looks so much like you. Cute. :)

Joey said...

Ugh!! This pic of Cate makes my ovaries ache. Stop, ok?

YESSSSSSSSsssss! Size 12 jeans! Can I have them when they are too big for you? You are tall right? Like 6'1"? :)

Guess what? Like 3 weeks 'til we meet! Fist pump!!!

-Grace- said...

She is too cute!! I'm glad it went well. It has got to be tough--- I can't imagine.

DB said...

Cate is a real cutie!!!! Glad you both made it through the 1st day - lol! WTG on the size 12's - you are such an inspiration :)

Cindylew said...

What a cutie...and yes, she looks just like you.
Hang in there Mom and congrats on the size 12.

Steph said...

"I shall call her Mini-Me!" She looks JUST like you...How adorable! The first day is always the hardest, but know she will love school! :)

kagead said...

She is absolutely adorable and I bet she is taking Kindergarten by storm!! Congrats on being a brave, smokin' size 12 mommy. :)

Jacquie said...

Congrats all around! Doesn't she look adorable? You survived and so did she...how did daddy do?

MLM said...

She is so cute!! precious! she looks so proud and excited!! And, congrats for getting through the first day! i don't have kids but can only imagine how tough the first day is....and way to go on the donut...those get me every time in the office!! Hope the entire week goes well for her (and you!)

Brooke said...

Awww she's cute, and she looked very sassy :-)

Wow, congrats on resisting the donut, that takes skillz!

Nicole said...

OMG she is almost as cut as you :) Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!!

Band-Babe said...

You're daughter looks just like you (imho). So cute! Yea size 12 jeans!!!

Gen said...

Oh no Kindergarten! My 4th and last baby will start next year! So glad you made it through. And size 12, awesome! Can't wait to see you.

speck said...

Just precious!

Sandra
New to blogging by the way!