I haven't written a real post in awhile – many excuses; our laptop battery & power cord died last week, my scale won't move, work is busy, but I guess I don't feel like I had too much to say. So here's an overview of what's been going on.
We had a good Halloween, Cate was Hannah Montana (I'll post pics when the laptop is back up). Yes, we have tons of candy and I've eaten some, but not enough to beat myself up about. I'm just trying not to do that anymore, I know sometimes there's a fine line between burying your head in the sand about bad eating and beating your self up about it and I'm trying to walk that line.
I have been really tight for no reason the last week or so. Then yesterday I had a problem with turkey meatballs at lunch which turned into a problem with dinner. By late last night my whole esophagus hurt. I was a little scared because I've never felt that bad before (like did my band slip?) – I was secretly planning my trip to the ER as I went to sleep. I could feel gurgles when I swallowed my spit – yuck. I feel better this morning – I'm sticking to liquids/mushies today.
My weight has stayed at 179-182 for over a month. Great if I want to maintain, but not great if I want to get to 160. I have to face the cold hard fact that food alone won't do it anymore. I have been exercising (with Cate) so hopefully that will start making a difference. I joined the Holiday Challenge to see if that weekly bar chart will shame me into get the scale to move. I've been toying in going to a weekly weigh in only, but don't know if I can do it.
I have no pants – my sister gave me two pair of size 12's a few weeks ago that I'm living in. If anyone has any 12's they want to get rid of please let me know. Also I have a short, faux shearling coat from Nordstrom that I'd be glad to put out to the sisterhood. I think it's probably good for a 22. It needs some buttons replaced, but it's a really nice coat if anyone is interested – it's an olive green color.
I have a dinner date with Bonnie, Read and possibly Angie (Banded Mommy) on Monday – I can't wait. It's Maryland BOOB's. If anyone else is in the area and interested let us know.
Hope everyone is doing well! My stomach is growling, so I'm going to go prepare a delicious Carnation Instant breakfast.


12 comments:
I have been so tight the last two weeks...having a hard time with soup sometimes! WTF!
My scale won't budge either!
Glad to "see" you around bloggy land!
I've been watching The Wire, which always makes me think of you and Bonnie. Like your run ins with the po-po and being chased by a five-o. Respec.
MWAH!!!!!
Stupid internet errors.
You know...if you're happy where you are, then I think it's a great idea to keep aiming for 160, which might stave off "good-enough syndrome" and help with the whole maintenance thing! Having a goal is also fun! You've done SO amazingly well!
Say hi to Bonnie for me! Hugs!
Hi Linda, glad to get an update from you. Have fun with the Maryland crowd!
I am so looking forward to Monday. I'm glad you didn't beat yourself up about the candy cause thin people eat candy and don't give it a second thought.
Hey Linda do you want my size 12 Long & Lean jeans? They still fit but I am wearing my 7s and Joe's Jeans these days. They are "ankle" length (i.e. short), let me know if you want them. Glad to hear from you!
Oops I meant to say they are Gap jeans. They might be too big for you now since they are bigger than many 12s?
I'm doing the Challenge too. I know you will make it to goal! Nice to hear from you.
I'm so excited about Monday evening!!! I can be an honorary BOOB!! yay! I look forward to some Hannah Montana pictures.
I walk that line. I also secretly plan ER trips... waiting for the big one... (I can't help it, my mind goes from a to z, not a to b).
Wish I were in MD, for the BOOBS, and just cause I miss it- especially in fall...
Post a Comment