The Last 25

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do You Post In Your Head?

I keep writing little post posts in my head on random things but I never actually seem to post them lately (the same goes go for comments). So I thought I'd do some random bullets/stream of conscious updates.

  • I have over 200 followers ( I know that's small potatoes to some) !! I was so excited when I logged on and saw that. So welcome to everyone who is new! I'll try to post a little more.
  • I'm having breakfast issues. While I haven't eaten "real breakfast" when I wake in probably a year, I've gotten in a weird spot with AM eating. I drink coffee and a latte most mornings and that holds me for a long time generally. I used to eat a protein bar around 10:00 everyday, but burnt out on those. When I don't eat though and hold out until lunch I seem to get hungrier later in the afternoon and very munchie when I get home. I'm trying a Zone bar today to see if it helps. I may just default to a string cheese every morning. I used to really eat a lot of string cheese or single portion cheese (Cabot makes good ones) when I was in my big losing phase and they are great snacks.
  • I'm back at my pre-holiday weight of 174. I don't really think I lost any though, I think the bulk of the 2-3 pound increase was water/salt. It was really gratifying to see that while I felt like a really indulged the last 2 weeks of the year, I pretty much maintained.
  • I may have my motivation to get to goal weight (and not the Kooba bag I am going to buy). I have to go try on more bridesmaid dresses Sunday and order one (I think it will be this one: http://www.ariadress.com/Desciptions/Desc141KA.htm). It will be black(yea), but sleeveless is bold for me. I have already dug out my free weights in an attempt to get Michelle Obama arms by April 30th. I think I'll document the progress on the blog. 
  • Did you guys watch The Biggest Loser last night? I try to resist, but got sucked in (thank God for DVR though - it makes it much more palatable). It breaks my heart to see so many parent/child teams. I can identify with being the overweight child of an overweight parent. And I can understand the guilt of the parents (hence my attempt to really have a healthy food house - I WILL NOT repeat this cycle with my daughter). 
  • I want to do a little shopping spree over the next week or so because there are a lot of good sales. Right now I'm wearing baggy 12's, but I think I can fit in 10's in most stores I shop in now. So I'll probably get 10's, but if my goal is 160 and I'm a tight 10 now, will losing 14 more pounds put my in an 8 as a final size?  I need some feedback from some of you already there (or thinner). I'm 5'5 so would 160 be an 8/10? I hate to do a big shop if I'll go down one more size. It's a good dilemma. 
  • I have to take down the Christmas decorations this weekend. I think I'll do it while watching the Ravens game Sunday that way I won't eat as much food. what is it about football and chips???

Have a good Wednesday my lovelies!!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

I have a problem with breakfast too. Just not interested in eating. I do try to remember to drink a glass of skim milk before my coffee and have gone back to cheese slices again (lower fat ones, not the fat-free ones) on a couple of crackers. At work I was munching on 4 fiber cookies around 10 to take the edge off my hunger which like you happened every afternoon.

I'd say you will go down at least another size but can't say what size that is. I was out shopping and could fit into 10s in some stores and 12's in others, depending on the brand. I'm 170 right now. I would say, if you need some clothes, buy them a little snug and you should be ok.

Ms. M said...

I'm always writing posts in my head and then forgetting what I thought of when I actually sit down to write. Think I need to start carrying a little notebook with me... or putting notes in my phone. Surely there an app for that, lol.

Tina said...

wow go you!!

I am totally sick of all of the stuff I used to use for snacks and have had a midmorning snack problem as well. I am using greek yogurt now. It seems to be working but I am sure I will get sick of it soon enough.

As far as the sizes go I am taller than you but hit goal right between an 8/10. I am still wearing my size 12 stuff. When losing weight I was all concerned that I wanted to hold off until I hit goal but now it isn't really a big deal to wear my shirts on the loose and larger size. I would buy some now that fit nice (maybe even in the form fitting side)for now. Even if you go down two sizes they will probably be OK to wear. The one exception is that jeans seem to get baggier-I have saggy butt in my 12's by the end of the day.

Good luck with the final run down to your goal weight!

xxxooo

Joey said...

Darling dress! I love all things first lady, but mostly her arms!
I got sucked into part of TBL too but I had to turn away. It's too sad and makes me angry. Congrats on the 10s my beautiful friend! I say you buy all dresses, that way you can give them away when you are an 8 to anyone (no matter how tall she may be). XO

Theresa said...

Love the dress! I never watch biggest loser, I think it's horrible and if I were there, I would have killed that skinny b*%#@ Jillian a long time ago, along with all the folks who think it's necessary for the men to weigh shirtless and the women to weigh in a sports bra and girlde!!! But, I digress...I have trouble with breakfast too, in the morning I have a glass of milk and then I eat strange things when I get to work, like egg salad, or split pea soup, it works for me though. I'm not even close to goal so I can't help you there the only thing close to a 10 on me is my foot.

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Well, I am 5ft 3in and when (many years ago) I weighed 158 - I was wearing size 10 and a couple size 8 shirts - so I would expect that if you are going to loose another 14 pounds at 5 ft 5in you will certainly be in a size 8!(maybe even smaller) How wonderful is that!

I am a Biggest Looser fan also - can't help myself :)

Nicole said...

great post! I too have tons of post in my head and that don't always make it to my blog! I have problems eating in the morning. I stick with greek yogurt in the morning.. I love cheese sticks. My latte and coffee keep me full until 10 or 11..Congrats on the new SIZE!

Bonnie said...

I totally know what you mean about the posting and commenting. I'll log in and look at my blog and can't believe it's been so long since I posted. I'm a size 10 in my dreams! I am so hoping the Ravens win Sunday. Luckily we took our decorations down next weekend so I can be glued to the tv on Sunday.

Yana said...

I post in my head all the time, but I always did narrate life to myself, even when I was a little girl...

I really like cheese in the morning. It's a little shot of protein and fat that keeps you satisfied. And no sugar to bounce your blood sugar and make you hungry.

Too bad there aren't a lot of people passing down size 10's...I'm still in my 16s, moving to 14s, ever so slowly... The stuff you sent me was a godsend last year!