The dress I'm getting is the one below, but in black. The dress have on is an A-line skirt in a size 12 (pic#1). I'm going to order it with a column skirt (it will look like pic#2), but when I tried on a different dress with a column skirt it was tight. I could get it in my body, but it was tight. So my dilemma is do I order the tight one knowing the wedding is 3 months away? It could be motivation or it could be stupid.
I will say that normally I would order the safe size, knowing I wouldn't lose the weight, but I'm not that girl anymore. I would love to be at goal by the wedding. 14 pounds in 3 months - doable, but I've been a slow loser lately. Also look how bad my arms look. Am I crazy for going sleeveless?
Alright BOOBS - what would you do??
![]() |
| Dress with A-line Skirt |
![]() |
| Dress with column skirt (kind of) |




26 comments:
I say order it! 3 months is a good amount of time to lose what you need to and what better motivation!!! The dress looks great on you and your arms look good!
Thanks for your comment on my blog! The jeans would be awesome! I'm in 18's right now but I'd bet the 20's would work as I progress! Couldn't find your email address so please email me at jbucky28 at yahoo.com and I'll give you my address!! Thanks soo much!
#2 :)
You said it best when you said you are not that woman anymore...I think 3 months is plenty of time. Your habits and lifestyle have changed to the point where it is a very reasonable decision to go smaller.
The dress looks great- I'd order it in the smaller size. Something to look forward to will give motivation (Chicago did wonders for many). Your arms look fine, but I know what it's like to not be crazy about certain body parts. Maybe go on a Michelle Obama arm workout regimine... you can do that at a desk, or wherever, and no sweat (literally). Since you're a woman, you still probably won't be 100% satisfied with them... so then just play up your eyes and hair and cheekbones. You can easily pull off this look, in my opinion.
I like them both, but I think I prefer #1. I think the a-line is more feminine...wedding-y. I think you'll be more comfy in an a-line too. You look GREAT in that colour!
So basically, the opposite of everything you said in the second paragraph. Teach ME to skim! lol!
Order the smaller size. You can always whip out the industrial size Spanx if necessary! I love that color.
OOPs I just saw where it said the dress is black. In that case, definitely go for the smaller size. Black disguises many sins. But I know you will fit into it, and I agree, its a great motivator. You look great!
I like the a line and in black, I would go for the smaller size. I agree with Gilly, the a line is more wedding-feminine. Just my opinion and by the way, your arms look great!!
Ok, I am going to be the outlier..order the one that fits... you can always get is altered.
I was the MOB (mother of the bride).. those seamstresses can take in and alter like a magician, but if the dress is too tight there is not much you can do..
Wishing you well (and not trying to be contrary, just like to know that its fits and can always be taken in)
I have to agree with Barbara. I had this dilemma myself last year with my wedding dress. I ordered the smaller size, but even though i did lose weight before the wedding, my wedding dress ended up still being tighter than I would have preferred. Plus it kind of complicated things with the alterations. It was a great motivator, but this is your friend's wedding, bridesmaids are front and center, and I'm not sure i would chance it. If you lose the weight, you can have it taken in. Usually the types of places that sell these dresses wont let you order last minute either. It's all way in advance. Could you ask the bride's opinion? You're pretty small already too. I think you look fab!
I think the smaller dress would be fine as it is with the proper undergarments, so I think you'll be fine. As for your arms, they look fine, but my motto has always been if you can't tone it, tan it! Spray on baby!!
You look great in both but I am going with what everyone else is saying...smaller size, A-line, your arms look fine but like me, just do some Michelle Obamasizing! I will never be happy with my arms but I am so done with hiding body parts!
I say go for it, when I was a bridesmaid in June of 09, I had to order my dress before I was banded. Five months and 45lbs later, I needed alterations! I ordered small, and of course I still needed alterations.
If I am reading correctly, you are def getting the straight, column style? if so, while def think you can/will lose within the three months, it is always easier to take in then take out so I would order the 12 and tailor to fit your 15 pounds skinnier bod. If i am reading in correctly and you are doing the a line, then order the smaller size bc it already fits and has more room in it...on the arms side, I hear ya and hate mine..but, i just see how fab you look in the dress and didn't even notice your arms except you wrote about them!
I say order the size that fits. Chances are it'll have to be altered for length or something anyway so might as well have it taken in. Easier to take in than let out. Not that I'm pessimistic that you won't hit your goal.
I agree with Barbara, I'd go with the size that fits now, I seem to rebel against goals of any kind! I'd prefer not to have to worry about fitting in to it and worrying about it being too big is a much nicer worry!
Your arms look fine to me, love the shape of the dress.
I did it and it worked out - I ordered the smaller size and scared myself into losing the weight!
If it were me and I ordered the size I didn't quite fit in yet, I'd scare myself into not losing a pound. So, I'd definitely order the size the fits right this second and then be thrilled (if annoyed about the cash outlay) that I had to have it taken in when I made it to my goal by the wedding!
And your arms look great, I wouldn't worry about them.
I am with the a-line girls. It is more feminine. I would also order the smaller size. Three months is a lot of time. 10lbs is a size!
Both dresses are super cute! Go with the smaller SIZE you CAN do it ;)
Definitely, go for the smaller size - you will certainly be able to loose the 14 pounds by then - by the way - you look very slim in the brown dress !
#2 :-)
Linda, you look great in both -- though I have to say that I like the A-line better! 14 pounds in 3 months is a realistic number if your scale is still moving, so I don't see any reason not to order in the smaller size.
(Also, if you go with the A-line, you'll have more room to play with on size.) Either way, you're going to look great!!
Sorry, but I'm still more of the better safe then sorry way of thinking. You look great and to me 14 lbs seems a lot in 3 months given how close you are to goal. You can always take a dress in if it's too big, but letting it out is much more difficult. We are so critical. Your arms look fine, but you can always take a wrap if you are self conscious.
Linda - thanks for the feedback - its good to know that 1 cup of food is normal for you. Its info like that from 'experts' (yes I consider you a successful expert!) like you that helps me to learn. I appreciate the support and feedback!
I LOVE your dress and I don't think your arms look bad at all - in fact - I think they look good! You look so beautiful. Your dark hair is just beautiful on you!
As for your question, I think I would buy the smaller size. I think it will be that little thing in the back of your mind that gives you some more mojo! Besides, you can do it!! I think you have a VERY realistic goal for yourself!!
Post a Comment