The Last 25

Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Update - the good & bad

Remember a few weeks ago when I said I was thinking of getting a fill - ha!ha! I'm so glad I didn't follow back up with the Dr. on that because I am suddenly crazy tight. I can get food and liquids down, so no emergency, but I keenly aware of what time of day solids will go down nicely. The positive is the scale is moving and I'm down to 172.

I had a crazy busy weekend with kid's birthday parties, a horrible NFL game (stupid Steelers) and mammoth laundry mountain to tackle.

A highlight of the weekend was being able to meet up with Heidi and her daughter who were in the area visiting relatives. We met Sunday morning at a paint your pottery place (to keep our girls occupied) and while it would have been great to meet for drinks and let our hair down, we were able to have a good talk while we were in Mom mode.

I've followed Heidi's blog from early on and always felt a real connection with her. We have a similar band philosophy and a lot of the same food issues. I'm always amazed when I meet bloggers and they are as great in real life as their blogs.Thanks Heidi for a great morning (Cate's planning the next playdate).

Heidi, me and our princesses - we're color coordinated


The girl's were instant BFF's - too cute (if I do say so myself)

16 comments:

Lynda said...

You guys look so cute! Love it that you managed to color coordinate--makes for a great picture.

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

I'm so happy you got to meet and enjoy each other's company! That's always cool to meet someone new and already have lots to talk about and a lot in common. Congrats on moving the scale again! Perhaps your sudden tightness might be contagious and I'll catch a little of that! Thanks for your feedback on my blog - its definitely helping me to understand this band better and what I should expect as well as just another perspective. I want some semblance of restriction and that's just not what I have right now. I want the kind of restriction you describe so I'm going to keep moving forward until I'm there.

Gen said...

How fun! Wish I was there with my princess. Wow Linda 172 is really getting into the skinny zone! Nice!

Amanda said...

You guys look great and so do the girls!!
Glad you guys had fun! 172 is amazing. Interesting on the sudden tightness. Why I wonder? But as long as your getting some nutrition then I guess there are no worries!

Gilly said...

Aww! So adorable! I wish I could have been there with you guys!

Theresa said...

Cool,I'm jealous!

Colls said...

You all look so cute! Love those little pottery places! <3

Jacquie said...

You all look adorable!

172!! You go girlfriend!

Dinnerland said...

You're doing amazing! Looks like a very fun meet up-- the kids look so happy and what mommy can not dig that to the end???

Rachel said...

Both of the mom's look beautiful and the daughters are color coordinated.

Read said...

You both look so fantastic!! I'm sorry I missed it!

Nicole said...

172 WOO HOO! So fun to meet up with other bandsters..the girls are too cute!

CeeJay said...

Good luck on going with mushies for a while...never can figure out these fickle bands! :)

THE DASH! said...

Whoo on getting movement on the scale again. Its tough now we are getting lower and lower.
Love the pics. Sounds like a fun time meeting your friend Heidi. I love meeting new people. xx

MandaPanda said...

The girls are too cute! The moms aren't too bad either ;o)

Bonnie said...

I'm so bummed I couldn't meet up with you guys. The picture is so cute.