The Last 25

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Deep Thoughts...

I haven't posted in a while. I've had a crazy few weeks with Cate's Spring Break, Easter and a crazy cold/allergy hybrid that won't go away. I'm sad to see the year going by so fast, but I'm kind of glad to see May come. Since I'm scattered I'll resort to bullets points today.

 

  • My best friend's wedding is this weekend. To save money I've opted to do my hair, makeup and nails myself. Actually. I did my own makeup for my wedding because I hate when other people do – it never looks right. I have a feeling a may be getting a mani/pedi somewhere on Friday morning just because.
  • I have my cold/allergy thing and it's my TOM so I'm tight right now. And bloated – my weight this morning was so high I almost lost it. I know it's a lot of water though because my rings are tight (but I can't discount the Easter candy).
  • I feel every drop of the bloat/weight in my bridesmaid dress. I'm thinking of doing liquids tomorrow to see if it helps.
  • Did anyone watch The Voice last night? It didn't plan on it(I'm not a huge fan of those shows) but I got sucked in after The Biggest Loser. I really liked it – it's amazing how we let someone's looks influence how we perceive them. I was shocked to hear the voices coming out of some of these really unassuming people. Also, someone needs to get Christina a stylist in a big way – she is a hot mess.
  • Do you have anyone you work with that you would secretly like to submit to What Not to Wear? There are a lot of candidates in my office, but one lady wears high water pants every day. Not like she owns one pair that she screwed up on – no, every pair hit her ankle. I know she's one of these women who doesn't care and would say she's above that, but really?
  • I'm really curious to see what Kate Middleton's wedding dress will look like. She's young and has a really great figure so I think if she were marrying a "normal person" she'd wear like a strapless straight number, but I'm assuming that it needs to be more demure seeing as she's going to be a princess. Maybe I'm wrong…
  • I am a very practical, straight forward person, but I always have been a British Royal geek. I am wasting so much time this week watching these shows about Princess Diana – I was up until like 12:30 watching a show about her wedding last night. I also have an inappropriate crush on Prince Harry.

 

I'll leave it at that since images of me and Prince Harry may be too much for many of you to bear.

 

I'll post some wedding pictures next week – think happy thoughts so I can get my dress zipped.

10 comments:

Tina said...

the scale bloat thing is a pain in the backside! Even now I suffer from the emotional fall-out from it.

I am not huge on the wedding thing but as my husband is from the UK we hang with a lot of ex-pats and are going to a royal wedding party on Friday (our own wedding reception :))...the women are wearing hats and jeans and a baker friend is making a wedding cake for the event. I had planned on bringing some British-esque food item but the hose requested potato salad and apple pie! :) I guess they want someone to represent the states :)

I hope your bridesmaid duties go off without a hitch and I know you will look great in the dress!

xxxooo

MB said...

I have totally been watching the pre-wedding shows too when I have SO MUCH else I need to do. I have watched a few on TLC and a couple on other channels. I have two more DVRed and ready to watch and a couple more left to record before the big event (of course, I'm taping that too--to watch when I wake up on Friday). I also got sucked in to some British history shows. I took three classes in British history in college (plus one in Irish culture) along with general European history classes where Britain was covered in an ancillary way, so I am sort of an anglophile. But there were still gaps in the periods we studied...for instance, I didn't study much about the Roman invasion of Britain. So with our free preview of the Smithsonian Channel, I watched a three-part series on that. I also have Youtubed a few shows on the other periods I 'missed' in my studies of Britain. I know, I know...it is almost embarrassing to admit how much of a geek I am! And, like I mentioned, I have so many other things that need doing right now. Ugh!

Anyhow, good luck in your role as bridesmaid. I'm sure you will look beautiful!

Amanda Kiska said...

I haven't caught any pre-wedding stuff yet, but I'm sure i won't be able to escape it this weekend. I'm interested in what's going on. I remember Prince Charles & Lady Di's wedding very well.

~Lisa~ said...

Enjoy being a bridesmaid! You will be a beautiful bridesmaid! And do treat yourself to that mani and pedi - you deserve it!

Theresa said...

You are so funny! I too have a thing for Harry, although I'm old enough to be his mum!
I secretly want to dress really badly for a while and let someone turn me in, so I can be on What not to Wear!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I was completely involved in watching everything about Diana and Charles during their wedding celebrations so I understand what you are saying but not so much interested in this one.

I watched "the voice" - I love those singing contests - I also hadn't planned on watching it but it came on after "Biggest Looser" so I got caught up in it.

Enjoy your friends wedding this week end!

MandaPanda said...

Prince William and I are around the same age so I've always been so taken with him until he lost his hair. LOL. In "real life", kate would probably pick a plain straight line type thing...but I hope she goes all out...poofy princess dress. Just seems right.

Read said...

So funny! I did watch about half of The Voice and also found it totally facinating, I plan on watching the first half that I missed when the replay it tonight. (and I totally agree about Christina) I haven't watched a thing about the upcoming wedding, though did catch myself reading about how William is doing things with an eye towards his mom today on the web. I will tape the actual ceremony if I don't forget.

I have so many inappropriate crushes that I'm thrilled to hear others have even one!!

The bloated thing is so for the birds - I'm in the week before Tom and that's when I want to eat everything including my right arm and it always takes me several days to figure it out - I'm such an idiot. I weighed myself today and have gained 6 lbs since Saturday. How delightful.

I'm sure the wedding dress will be fine, but I'd probably be with you and do something drastic like liquids just to be on the safe side - so I would stop freaking out about it.

Kristin said...

I am a *total* Royal Family geek. I read somewhere that Kate has three dresses: one for the church ceremony, one for the morning brunch the queen is holding and another for the nighttime par-tay. I'm guessing the tight strapless number for the nighttime shindig will never see a photographer's flash. Too bad for us.

Maria said...

I love inappropriate crushes! Just sayin...