I lost my mojo – I think it's buried underneath a pile of unpaid bills, dirty underwear and old magazines. Seriously. I am mad at myself for staying in this plateau (although it's not a plateau if you're not trying) for so long. I have been in the 170's for 8 MONTHS!! I don't know why I have no motivation to breakthrough and hit my goal.
I have started the processing of really looking at what I've been doing lately. Here are some things:
Not planning meals
Eating too much take out
Buying crap and bringing it home
Eating too fast, getting stuck, being hungry later and eating more
Too many late night snacks
Too many carbs
So you see there are reasons this is happening and of course I'm terrified of gaining it all back with my bad habits returning.
I've made a plan to start planning meals again, start following basic bandster rules again, bringing lots of spring/summer fruits and veg in the house instead of pop chips (those bastards). It is not easy, but the phase I lost the most weight during was not hard either. I never dieted, but I was aware of what I ate. I am not being aware right now (conscientiously or unconscientiously).
I have an appointment with my surgeon on June 13th, a month from today. It will be a 2 year follow up and I will hopefully get a little drop of fill. I have made the decision I will be in the 160's by that appointment – whether mojo's back or not. Sometimes if our mojo leaves us we need to buy some more. Do they sell it at Nordstrom?


12 comments:
Plan the work and work the plan :)
Sounds like a great plan!
Awesome assessment and plan to move forward! You can do it, Linda. And just realize you are ALREADY where I hope to be some day. You've achieved so much and you can keep going. Just think about being a role model--to your family and friends and even strangers "out here" like me.
P.S. If you haven't already sent me your email address so I can add you as a permitted reader on my semi-private (only to weight loss bloggers, not the whole Web)--I'd love to have you follow my progress. Need some more weight loss/banded buddies as I inch forward. My email is heymelissawolf@gmail.com and I'd love to add you and any of your readers. Thanks!!
That a girl! You can do it.
Maybe you need to put up wanted posters for the Mojo? I'm struggling as well...I don't know what it is about the 170's that's so difficult to break through but it sucks. But I do know WE CAN DO THIS!
Forget Mojo, just do it... That's my new thinking. I find it is too easy to loose the motivation we need.
Having said that, I am still struggling, but I am getting there. And I do like your plan.
Ugh! Totally feeling you with the eating priorities having shifted. And I really need a fill (still running on empty but am not ready yet as I still have some mild heartburn without any fill at all). I am doing little things right now to control my intake but am hoping to really hit this hard once my paper is done.
This may be my very very favorite blog title ever!! I know you can do it - and I'm right with you on the - sometimes you just have to decide to do the little things, the right things even if the mojo is still missing. Eventually it'll miss you can come on back home!!
If you find that mojo and have a drop or two left over send it my way please! I need a bit.
For personal reasons, I have had to make my blog private. I would love for you to continue to "follow me" but in order to do so, please send me an email at jdt36x@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite. I am hoping that this is just going to be temporary but who knows.
Thank you for the consoling words!
Post a Comment