Well I think about posting every day, but don't quite get there. My last post was important for me to get my gain out there and I want to thank everyone for their support. I've been doing pretty good, not perfect, but good. I'm trying to eat less between meals and get the sweets out of my system. I've lost weight and now I'm down to 173 (from a scary 180). I've made a goal of getting out of the 170's and to 165 by Christmas - lofty yes, but I need something to focus on and I've got a good support team.
What else is going on? Well we have our big trip to Disney coming up soon. We're all really excited and need a vacation. I know Disney is not everyone's cup if tea, but it's so great with kids and we're looking forward to seeing it decorated for Christmas. Also, I'm a planner - I LOVE to plan trips (I guess my years catering play into this), so I'm a super freak when it comes to our Disney trips. I have our meals planned, days scheduled - you should see my spreadsheets. If anyone is ever going and wants help - ask me. Although I'm not a freak that has things so scheduled it's not fun - it's all about fun. Any FL ladies that might want to meet up let me know. I do have a tight schedule, but if anyone's up for meeting for a drink or something I'll do my best.
Of course, I have to do Thanksgiving first. I think it's interesting to read newly banded peoples blogs when they get stressed about holiday eating. I totally get it and I'm sure I was the same way, but I really don't stress the holidays anymore (at least the food aspect). I know what I can and can't eat and I know if I eat too much it will show on the scale, but ultimately I am in control.
Have a good week everyone!!


4 comments:
I totally agree with you on the holiday eating thing. I used to stress way more about it than I do now...I figure even if the food is horrible I am going to have to eat so little of it..it doesn't matter much. I used to worry about eating too much, about getting it all cooked, about how much weight I would gain, about how stressful things would be....the stress part isn't cured with the band I have developed other strategies for that but the eating..wowza the band is one great tool!!
xxxooo
This is only my second holidays with the band but I'm not stressing either. I think it's because I stalled for like 3 months over the summer so I'm just expecting a stall over the next month. Hmmm..that didn't sound as positive as I meant it. LOL. I can't wait to take my kids to Disneyland! Budget hasn't permitted it yet but maybe this summer...keeping fingers crossed.
I'd love to meet you for a cocktail...it give me the excuse to go to Orlando and go shopping!!! :)
So jealous of your Disney trip, but I can't complain since we are going on a cruise soon after Christmas. Definitely a curse and a blessing because I have to watch the money closely too which definitely causes stress. I'm glad to see you have lost the weight that you were worried about. I've been in the same 10 lb range for quite a few months and was hoping to lose a significant amount of weight before the cruise, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm not going to get down about it and am hoping to get my shit together soon. Love you and hope we can get together soon.
Post a Comment