The Last 25

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The little rain cloud...

Today is an Eeyore day - my husband calls me that because I have a tendency to get a little down sometimes. For whatever reason something set me off this morning and I spiraled down the rest of the work day. One of my first emails this morning was from the other three women in my work group having turned in all their freakin vacation requests for NEXT YEAR. Do you guys have ALL your vacations planned for next year? WTF?They know Cate starts school next fall and I'll have to adjust my requests accordingly - but there they go requesting every single holiday known to man off. Of course my first reaction is I need a new job. I have said that since the day I started and this month is my 4th anniversary there. How did this happen???
Long story short, after Cate was born I gave up a job I loved in the food industry because it was too demanding with a child - I wanted to see her sometimes. So I took a boring desk job to give me a regular Monday - Friday schedule. I miss having a job that makes me happy. One hope I have is that next year when I get some weight off I will feel more confident to go out and interview again. I know being fat wouldn't stop some people from getting a new job, but know I have been discriminated against in the past and I need more confidence.

I hate when I let people that I don't even like affect my mood, but I do - too much when work is concerned. I am going to do some yoga tonight and see if I can get rid of my rain cloud.

Thanks for listening! Love you guys!!

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

And we love you.. ((HUGS)) I hope the day gets better and yeah: it sucks everyone took all the good spots holiday wise. That bites.

Robyn said...

I've had those kind of days too. Hope the yoga helps turn things around for you!

Kinzie said...

Oh my. Don't they have some rules about vacation scheduling. I am a manager at my job and 1) I have a cut off of the 3rd week in January for next year, don't take before that. 2) Through that date seniority rules, but after that day first come first serve 3) no more than one week with a holiday in it. After everyone is scheduled, if there are holidays left, than they can have more. I am sorry to be on my soap box, but it is just not fair to you!!!

Sarah said...

Ugh... bad day! Weather sucks here in Richmond too!!! We're in the same rain storm I think... And I agree with Kinzie - don't they have some rules there? I would raise your LEGITIMATE concern with your manager (btw - I work in HR so you're justified) about Cate starting school next year, and that you'll need some flexibility to work around her school holidays!

And thanks for your comments... I often times feel a bit frustrated when I see how others are doing, but have to remind myself that they don't have the same body type at all - so maybe these thighs are going to hold on forever... who knows!!! Keep your chin up today! It's almost over.