When I woke up this morning I saw 209 on the scale! I was so excited because it's single digits to onederland now and my scary spike to 215 on Wednesday was obviously a hormonal thing. I just realized as I was sitting down to write my post that it also means I'm 70 Pounds down since surgery!!! Since this week will be 9 months since surgery it makes my average 7.7 pounds per month.
On the food front I have started eating more solid foods and it has helped my hunger, but I can't say if it's 100% the food because I have also have been really tight the last couple of days. I know that I'm not in need of a fill, because I couldn't tolerate being tighter than this. So I think I have to accept that I'm going to have days I'm a little hungrier and it's not the end of the world, I just need to eat if I'm hungry (not when I'm not) and let the band work.
We've a had a nice weekend - 45 degrees and saw the sun yesterday. I think I must echo the sentiments of several other bloggers in saying that I'm done with February.
We're going to New York later in the week to visit my husbands family. We haven't been up there since last year (pre-surgery), so in a way I'm kind of dreading it. I realize it will be a bit of a shock when they see me, but I just don't want to be bombarded with questions. No one on his side of the family knows about the surgery, I just don't want it to be a focus of every visit. Also, my sister - in - law's husband's Mom had Lap band maybe 3 or 4 years ago and she went a little crazy afterward. She had an affair and developed a prescription drug problem that she blamed basically on the weight loss. So they don't have a great view of it, I've also heard them talk about how she's always throwing up. Their only exposure to the band is from a woman who obviously isn't a great bandster.
Well, I'll go and have as much fun as I can. I just realized this morning I'll be 4 days without my scale!! Can I survive??
Have a good Sunday!!



15 comments:
I hope you have fun on the trip even with all those extra issues (what an interesting bandster that woman is--she certainly would have had several things to blog about if she were a bandster blogger!!!). I'm glad you are doing so well weight-wise.
And yes, GOOD RIDDANCE to this weather especially!!
I'd say don't tell them you got banded. It's your business and you don't owe anyone an explanation. Just say, I did it with diet and exercise. Because you DID. They don't have to know about your secret "tool". I have a friend who has had the lapband for 5 years and has only told a handful of ppl. She doesn't want to deal with unwanted questions or ridicule so she just says she watches what she eats and people leave it at that. Good luck!
70 lbs - amazing! And it wasn't just the band, it was your hard work. So if you don't want to be the center of weird attention, just tell people you eat small portions and exercise.
Linda that is so AWESOME! And more than 7 pounds per month is really fantastic. Can't wait to see you in Onederland!
I can definitely see how you would not want to divulge about the band since your family has a skewed perspective from that one person - among other reasons. Eating less and exercising more is the answer!
Congrats on your big 7 - 0 ! That is really something! Onederland is so close.....I feel like I am crawling to it rather than racing, but I can see it!!!!! Have a great trip and you will survive without your scale.
Congratulations Linda! Amazing accomplishment. Don't worry about your husband's family. There's no law that says we have to share our medical history with everyong who is related to us. I am sure they don't share all their medical procedures. I have always found humor to be a good way to deflate the tension and stress around situations where people are asking how, why, etc. you lost weight. I always laugh and make a funny comment about how hooking a vacuum cleaner to your pant leg really works. Then I just say that eating less and working out more really is the not so secret key. Honestly, isn't that what we are doing. Own your success. You put the hard work into losing 70lbs. Celebrate it every day! You deserve it! I am so happy for you. Congratulations!
Hi Linda...congrats on 70 lbs, down. I'm new to this blogging and I am scheduled for surgery on 3/24. Come by and visit me anytime! I can use all the support I can get.
Where in NY is your husband from? We are originally from Long Island but live in FL now. Have a great visit!
70 lbs AMAZING!!
Way to go Linda - 70 pounds is outstanding! I also say keep the band to yourself.
congrats on the 70! i will play devil's advocate here... why not tell them --- especially after they go all gaga over them. you can single-handedly change one family's view of lap-bands!!!! <--- ok, that sentence was over the top...but seriously, you can shut them up on all their negativity. or maybe not. who knows...
Congrats on the 70 pounds down, Linda. That is so inspiring!
Thanks too, for posting on my blog about fills. I'm still just trying to figure it all out. BTW, it looks like we have a similar goal and I am wondering how tall you are?
Hope it goes well with the in-laws. I agree that you don't have to tell them anymore than you want too. Really, when is our weight and body changes open fodder for discussion anyway?
--Ali
Whoo girl.. 7.7 pounds steadily each month is so great. I love that you now have a handle on things and are working your band. Congrats babes. I also say it's nobodies business about your band but yours. If you're comfortable, tell, if not dont. You can always use the 'smaller portions/more exercise' routine if anyone queries. Have a fun time MWAH!!
Ugh...4 days without a scale? I just went one and it was weird. Just weird, I tell you, weird! How does one take a great relaxing shower without knowing how the previous day turned out? LOL...
I hope New York goes well. You are a great bandster so there isn't likely to be any snickering or snide remarks, I don't think. Are you going to tell them you've been banded?
Congratulations on the SV! That's awesome!
You are a rock star! I'm so glad you found my blog and I spent a good part of my Sunday afternoon reading yours from the very beginning.
Congrats on your FANTASTIC loss and good luck on your trip. Can't wait to hear how it turns out...
kagead
What a milestone...well done...how funny that we dread the weight loss being noticed and all the questions...I kind of do too. Best not to say anything if that is their attitude. And when you get back we can call you Scale Survivor....because you will survive without them
Post a Comment