The Last 25

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Long time, no blog

It's been awhile since I posted, but I didn't have too much going on. Today I took a personal day from work to get some car stuff done and I had a fill appointment and did some shopping.

The car stuff was boring so I'll start with the fill. I hadn't been since December 29th, and had been feeling pretty good about restriction until I had that cold, got a little bit tighter and liked it. So today I went back and got .50cc's which is a good amount at where I am, but if you remember my unfill drama in December I was at 9.50cc's nicely before I had problems at 9.75 cc's. So now I'm back to 9.50 - I can feel it a bit - which is good. I'm always surprised when I go the Dr. and they make a big deal about how well I'm doing, today the nurse that did my vitals commented that a lot of band patients don't do so well and eat around it. I always feel like telling them "well I guess my blog world is full of superstars because I consider myself average there", but I don't I just say I'm working hard.

So on to shopping - Ann Taylor Loft has 50% off all clearance so I ran in to see what they had. I lucked out because they normally don't carry any pants over 14 in the store, but they had some returned 18 & 16's. So I got 2 pair of pants each about $10 and a few shirts. I also got a $70 down vest at Eddie Bauer for 70% off - so it was $21. I don't think it's the most flattering when you have big boobs, but it's cute. Took a few pictures- the pants are a little tight, but I'll shrink into them. Apparently I never clean the mirrors in my house - sorry!









































So has anyone checked out the Lap-Band site (if you have a Lap-Band vs. Realize) recently? I went there today to log my new weight (I have been losing at a good rate down from 219 to 214 since last week).Anyway the site has been redone and it's cool - you have a dashboard now and it tells you how long since surgery, how far you are to goal, how many points your BMI is down (mine's down 11). You should check it out.

We're supposed to get a big snow storm again tomorrow and Saturday - I'm going to make a big pot of lentil soup to keep us warm, so I better get going.

6 comments:

LDswims said...

I hope the fill is perfect for you this time. Shopping sounds great - I can't wait to get there myself... And the lentil soup sounds wonderful! I've been in such a soup mood for the past couple of weeks...even the weather in TX is working well for soup right now. :) Glad to see you back for an update!

Gen said...

Love the vest!!! You look great. I still have not sent those sweaters to you! Its in my car, I promise soon!

DB said...

Hi Linda - Glad you are doing well. Nice shopping finds! By the way, my mirrors look just like yours :)

Tina said...

I went shopping to the same stores today! So much was on sale. I saw that vest in fact :)..it looks good as do the pants.

Tina

MB said...

I like how you said, "I'll shrink into them." Not so long ago, our clothes were shrinking around us. That's a cool NSV for all of us.

I'm jealous about your shopping adventures. I'm tried to hold off since I'm between sizes anyway right now. Ugh! But you look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and I laughed about the mirrors...were you at Columbia Mall? I really loved living there but I'm not so envying the weather headed your way this weekend! Stay warm and toasty!