March is an over looked month for me. Other than a beer on St. Patrick's Day and the NCAA tournament (love college basketball) there's not too much I mark on my calendar.
I am trying to change that however. Last year on March 23rd, the kind people at Aetna said "Yes, OK – you have jumped through the hoops and really are fat enough to get that band" (having to wait until June sucked). I was going through a bunch of papers I had to shred a few weeks ago and found my approval letter – I had to keep it.
So this March will be memorable because I plan on hitting 2 important weigh goals.
#1 - 80 Pounds Lost
#2 – Hit 199
Now both these goals will fall on the same day because my 10 pound increments fall on 9's (yesterday 209 was 70). What a day that will be!
Now it's a lofty goal – as of this morning it would mean losing 9 pounds this month (I was 208!) and that's higher than my average, but it's just an average. There are 31 days in March and I'm going to do all I can to smash that number.
Care to join me? It seems like there are suddenly lots of us who are close to 199 or goal weight, so let's make March our month. Hell, even if you have to make up a goal, just do it (sorry Gen (and Nike) – stole your motto) – join the fun.
March on…


12 comments:
I don't have a new milestone looming but I'll still be working hard. Good luck meeting your goal!
Good luck meeting your goal. I know you can do it! I'd join you but I'm not yet banded...that and I have 50 pounds to go before 199...maybe a bit much for a month. :) My goal for March is to get approval and get a surgery date!
I with you Linda! I'm going for 80 lbs. lost by the end of March. I'll need to lose 12 lbs.
:)
Let's DO THIS!!
Game on! I'm so close to 100 pounds down so my goal is to be at 205.8 by March 31st! Just 9.4 pounds to go!
OK so this isn't the loftiest goal, but this stuff is SLOW going these days and I will be on vacation... so I'm hoping for 95lbs down by March 31st... 5lbs to go! xoxo!
I want to be below 179 by the end of March. That's a nine, can I join your party?
I'm in-I want to put some distance between me and the big 200. Im sticking at 199.2 but want to be fighting for 189 and then 179 and then 169 and finally maybe just maybe 159...I will stop then :)
SO...189 by the end of March..I hope it can be done. I will try
Tina
I wish I was close to 199 but I am in for losing 10 which would put me close to 50 lbs down...
I am being banded on 3/24 so would love to join you but it may be too soon for weight goals this month. Can I expect to lose weight the first week of being banded?
Awesome ladies! Let's do it!
Jacquie & Lori - just focus on getting your bands! That's hard enough work.
Love your milestones and goals.. you can break through.. love the idea of holding on to the approval letter.. it made me stop and think what I did with mine..
What a great goal....I will join in and aim for 4 kg down in March (8.8lbs)
Post a Comment