Thanks to everyone for their sweet, kind, totally sincere words of support to me "freak out" post the other day. This is why I blog and why I feel like it's played a huge part in my success to this point - besides bringing new friends to my life, it gives me support I can't get anywhere else. I had tears in my eyes reading all the comments.
In other news I've gotten some sort of hybrid cold/flu - my throat is horrible and yesterday I had body aches and chills - yuck. It did force me to have kind of modified liquid diet yesterday - lots of tea and soup (I did have some Mexican for lunch). The scale was back down to 182 this morning - not great, but it had spiked to 187 the other morning (going from 179 to 187 in 2 weeks is not good - prompting my freak out). I'm now thinking it had a lot more to do with me starting to get sick than eating 28,000 extra calories (I did eat A LOT of cake), but what I said is true - I really need to focus these next few months.
We are having beautiful, chilly fall weather here (which I love). I am slightly panicked that I have no winter clothes (my coat last year was a 20), but I'll survive. I see some bargain hunting in my future.


9 comments:
Linda,
I'm so happy that you've been able to get a little distance from freaking out - God knows we all do that from time to time. It's so not fair that it's followed up with being sick - that just stinks. I too am absolutely loving this weather, it just feels and smells so crisp and wonderful.
I am beyond thrilled that we live in the same county and look forward to finding time to connect one of these days.
Love the fall weather! I had to do a little bargain shopping the last couple of weeks. My closet was a 22 and now I am a 18 or 16 depending on the clothes. It was kinda fun to shop, never was a big fan before... I hope you feel better soon! <3
Been doing some bargain shopping myself. You have done so well - you should be super proud and reward yourself with some new clothes. They'll make you feel better, too. (Even with the nasty cold)
I totally get freak outs..and its crazy how wacky our scale can be sometimes. Hope you are feeling better soon!! I just traded in my size 16 jcrew coat that wouldn't button for a size 8 that would ;)
You give us great, supportive comments, so it's the least we can do. I can't wait to be panicked because my clothes are too big. Haven't gotten there yet. :) Happy shopping.
Hang in there! Freaking out is exactly the right reaction to what you've been going through! I had a freakout myself when I caught myself self-sabotaging as I got closer to goal. Guess what? It was just what I needed to put me back on the right path. :)
BTW, it's funny, but the last 20 pounds are going to make a bigger difference (in all likelihood) than the first 40-50. It took me a whole year to get off the last 16 pounds, but they made the difference from being a little overweight to being a "thin" person. Crazy stuff! But all positive! :)
I'm so behind that I just read the freak out post and am glad to see that you already have some distance from it.
I hear that shopping is a great home remedy for any cold or flu you may have. Try it and let me know how it goes. :)
Aww, hon.. I'm so sorry I missed your last post. I am glad you got heaps of support - that's what we are here for (others picking up the slack when I miss out.. sheesh)...
You know the one difference between the you now and the you of years gone by? You are aware of your danger territory - and that fact alone will bring you in to gear when you most need it. I am a big believer in knowing those danger signs help you conquer them in the end.
xxxx
Okay - this is a seriously stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. You suggested I stick to solid protein to see where I am. I'm confident that greek yogurt doesn't fall into that category and that meat does, but what about cheese or fish or eggs? I'm sort of thinking no on all three of those, but can't imagine the only thing is meat. Maybe protein bars, oh and things like boca burgers. Anyway - any pointers you can give are always deeply appreciated! Thanks!
Post a Comment