Well- I made it. Surgery was Friday afternoon and I was awake in recovery around 4:00PM. The surgery itself was uneventful, but I'm soo glad that I got to stay overnight in the hospital. I definitely didn't feel good enough to have gone home the same day(God bless those who do). The hospital staff at Johns Hopkins Bayview was great, very attentive and supportive.
I came home yesterday afternoon- was pretty sore, but forced myself to walk every few hours. Had jello, broth & water yesterday, I'm going to try to broaden my menu today - hubby's coffee smells so good... My four year old has been great and is reveling playing Dr. & nurse.
I'll keep everyone posted on my slow going.


4 comments:
Congrats Linda! I knew you could do it! I moved to Texas from that area and lived in Columbia for over 6 years. Speedy recovery!
Hey Linda, so glad you made it home and everything went well. Hope you have great days ahead!
Hey Linda,
Congrats on getting through one of the hardest parts of this journey :) Just walk walk walk and rest!! (hmm lol sorry, did that make sense?) Ok when you're not walking, rest!! Keep up those fluids.. really important and good luck with the upcoming weeks :)
Cara
Thanks ladies - I need all your encouragment!
Post a Comment