Well my pureed/mushies tour continues for three more weeks. I am feeling back to myself this week(other than incisions rubbing my clothes a bit). I am still a lady of leisure as my surgeons office won't even think about writing a back to work release until your two week check up. I guess I should have done more research on that, but some of my paperwork said call the office when you need a work release, so I figured it was whenever I felt better. Well,I'll enjoy it for a few more days - I'm sure husband would like me to clean the house a little. :(
I feel like I'm eating too much - I had two eggs for dinner. I do feel satisfied for awhile after eating but I don't want to start pushing portions during this stage. I've been borderline with my protein this week - I got a grape designer whey mega protein drink today. It's not bad - kinda of like grape kool-aid. I couldn't try another shake now.
I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery - a drop in the bucket, but I'll take it. It's funny, I was talking to my good friend today who had bypass a few years ago. She commented that I was in good spirits for just making such a drastic change and remembered she was a wreck for awhile after her surgery. I will say that as much as I complained about the slow process to surgery (August 08-June 09), I think it forced me to do a lot of research and really get prepared for this. I'm sure I'll have rough times ahead, but I feel pretty good right now.


1 comment:
Linda, glad you are better. 13 pounds is awesome! I am struggling with mushies too. Just seems like I am having the same things over and over....scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, and fish. And I still have 3 more weeks to go before solid food. I do get to add ground beef after next week so I am looking forward to that.
Post a Comment