The Last 25

Thursday, June 4, 2009

T -minus 24 hours?...

So I'm in the homestretch – surgery is tomorrow. I am getting very nervous and won't find out what time it's scheduled for until between 11:00AM – 1:00PM today (nothing like prolonging the agony). I'm working most of the day today – leaving a little early to take my daughter to her Kindergarten mixer (I can't believe she's starting Kindergarten in the fall!), so having that to do will help distract me. I have a lot to finish up at work – I'm planning on being out most of next week. I know there are a lot of people who only take a couple days off, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I'm on liquids today :( - I know I'm a baby since many people have to do this for weeks. My last supper was not as crazy as I thought it would be – I got pizza I love from this little hole in the wall place and had some ice cream. Although I would say the last few weeks I've been in last supper mode – luckily I haven't gained too much weight.

Still having a lot of reservations – not about having it done, but the operation itself. I've never been put under and I'm terrified. I worry about can happen and leaving my daughter. I've tried a couple times to write her a letter in case something happens, but I can't decide if that's too morbid, plus I can't do it without crying uncontrolably. I know the complication rate is so low, but I can't help but think of the worst. I will try to stay positive.

I'll try to post again later – if not I'll put an update up after. Thanks for everyone's kind words and support!

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Hi Linda, I understand totally about being nervous about the surgery, but I am sure you will do great. I think you have the right idea about staying busy today and not spending too much time thinking about it. I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and definitely wish you the BEST!

Anonymous said...

From reading your earlier stuff, all I can say is, IT'S OVER! Yeah, hope you are feeling good and are happy with your choice. I'm a month plus from joining you in BandLand and can't wait. I'll be waiting for some updates. Good luck to you.