The Last 25

Monday, June 15, 2009

Mashed potatoes and hunger...

Hello all - I haven't been up to too much. Officially started pureed foods on Saturday, so a whole new world of mashed potatoes, pureed soups, eggs and cream of wheat has opened to me. With that being said, my hunger has come back with a vengeance the last few days, which is a little disturbing. I'm struggling with not drinking with meals, but I'm trying. I realize this is my "learning phase", so I'm trying not to beat myself up when I feel like I'm eating a lot. My Dr. recommends 6 small meals for awhile, so I'm trying to focus on that. I also started logging my food again yesterday, since it's more that broth and shakes, that should help me realize that even though I'm eating more, it's not really that much.

I thought I would be back at work today, but when I called Friday to get a back to work release the surgeons office was like no way - two weeks. Hmmm- I don't really remember this being stressed prior to surgery.A little awkward with work because I left with the understanding it would be a week, but if they won't give me a return to work I have no control. Hoping to avoid a big issue with work - I don't need the stress.
Have a good week!

1 comment:

THE DASH! said...

It's a hard call this whole work thing... when to go back.. when not too (at least I didn't have to worry lol thankfully) Good luck with whatever you decide (and thanks for your nice comment on my blog - it was nice to hear from you :) You seem to be going great with the mushies, though your doctors in the USA seem more relaxed here than ours.. I had two weeks of liquids after.. sigh.. was SO over them by the time I was done.. and like you I'm now on mushies. Brings another whole spectrum to the journey doesn't it. Fun trying to find things we can eat now lol.. argh! Good luck with it.
Cara