The Last 25

Friday, August 21, 2009

Fill it to the rim…

So I had my third fill yesterday, it went well. I had a good discussion with Tara (the NP – such a sweet girl) about random questions I had.

Should I never drink a Diet Coke (because I did)? Maybe once a month some carbonation is OK – they don't feel it leads to stretching in LB – only in RYN

I feel my port and it kind of hurts sometimes – is this bad? You will feel it because it's attached to a muscle – if it hurts a lot let us know

Now that I'm more restricted can I still take whole pills? They shouldn't be a problem unless they are very large

She also told me she had a patient come in that she hadn't seen in two years since she had gotten filled and she had lost a lot of weight and kept it off. She said she asked her what she did to stay successful. The woman told her that he exercised regularly, avoided sweets and worked hard at it. I thought that was good to hear as far as being realistic about it will take to maintain.

In the end she gave me 1.5 cc's (total of 8.5 in an 11cc band). I hate to say that I'm still not really restricted and I'm jealous of everyone that is restricted with 4 cc's. I can feel a difference in how long my food is staying with me, but I'm still not there yet. Maybe another .5 cc next time…

2 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Hey Linda,
This whole band thing is so tricky to get right, isn't it. Maybe you will feel more restricted in a few days.. fingers crossed for you.
Good to know too about the pepsi. I don't drink it but if I want to.. nice to know its safe once in a while.
Chin up Chicklett xx

Amy W. said...

Good questions and helpful for me!