The Last 25

Saturday, August 29, 2009

My new favorite breakfast

I recently bought some Morning Star Farms Breakfast Patties at Costco. I've incorporated them into my morning eggs and love it- especially since we have home grown tomatoes. Today I made a two egg omelet with a sausage patty chopped up into it, topped with fresh tomatoes and a Tablespoon of Parmesan on top. I know this is a lot more than some of you can eat, but I'll enjoy it while I can.
The stats: 278 calories, 24 grams of protein, 11 carbs, 15 grams of fat.

Sometimes I use only egg whites or eggs beaters and of course it cuts the calories and fat. Since today is Saturday I splurged. If you haven't tried the Morning Star Farms you should - they rock.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That looks wonderful! Especially with the home grown tomatoes. We buy the Morningstar "sausage" links and they are, in my opinion, much better than regular sausage links.

Because I'm in pre-fill mode, I could tear that omelet up! LOL

Anonymous said...

So are the sausages real meat or are they vegetarian sausages? I'm really into breakfast and love sausages, and I did ask my nutritionist about it and she said turkey sausage is the ok option. I love getting new ideas for my meals to come, so thanks to you Ms. Linda.

Linda said...

Kathi - they are vegetarian, but really yummy. They taste just like the real thing I think.

THE DASH! said...

Yum, this sounded real good. I might have to have a hunt around for a variation of the patties. I don't think we have Morning Star ones here.
And I'm with Amy - I need a fill!!
Thanks also for your sweet message on my blog re: my 3 month milestone. xxxx