The Last 25

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy,Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy...

Ok, I went shopping with my sister and daughter today with no intention of buying anything for myself, but yea I can go to regular stores again!!! I went to J.Jill and bought several XL shirts and a pair of LARGE pants(granted the pants were stretchy, but whatever). Then I went to Gap and found some 20 regular khaki's on clearance for $7.00 - I got them with the intention they would fit in the next few months. When I got home I had to try them on and they freakin fit now!!! And they look good.
I feel like I'm in the land of the living again being able to go to regular stores and possibly finding something to wear. I always hated going out and just standing in stores while my friends or sisters looked. I've got a looong way to go, but we all need to remember these NSV's to keep us motivated.
Maybe I'll post some pictures of my new stuff later... :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats! That's a big deal! It's a major goal for me...

THE DASH! said...

Oh well done, Linda xx So happy for you.. it's the BEST feeling when we fit something from the regular stores. I'm having fun with that too

Unknown said...

How about going in a store and receiving disdainful looks for having the nerve to walk in the store? Of course, it was a snooty area of town when I happened upon this treatment.
I'm sooo looking forward to visiting small size clothing stores too! I'm glad you're having fun with it.

Anonymous said...

SWEEET! NSVs are the best and you weren't even going to treat yourself! What a great day! Keep up the good work.

Amy W. said...

I feel you! That must be an awesome feeling! Probably the same way I felt about my victoria secret's bra! You prob wont be in those size 20 pants for very long!