I haven't posted in a few days so this will be one of my random, rambling posts I believe.
First the fill update- even at 8.5 cc's I still don't feel like I'm at my sweet spot. I definitely need a little more. Don't get me wrong I can feel a little difference since the last one, but I still could eat a lot more and get hungrier faster than I should between meals. I'm at that weird place where I really don't want to PB or get stuck, but at least one of those things would make me feel like it's working. I did have a scary moment with some goldfish pretzels on Sunday – not stuck but uncomfortable, so I am going to count that and move on.
On the goods news front I have lost 4 pounds since Thursday!!! I'm sure it's a little bounce back from my period ending, but I'll take it. That puts me 26 pounds down since surgery and 40 pounds down since June '08. I made a very lofty goal of
being down 40 pounds since surgery by our trip to Disney on September 24th. Do you think I can lose 14 pounds in 29 days? That's 3.36 pounds a week - I reserve the right to adjust the goal a bit, but I'm going to try.
I have a lot of 22/24 clothes that are ready for a good home if anyone needs any let me know- I'm will soon be desperate for 18's myself.
Does anyone else watch Mad Men? Awesome show! Anyway there's a character on it, Joan Holloway that is a goddess in her office and is built that like a brick house for lack of a better term. Anyway on the show she is super confident and all the men swoon over her. My husband and I were talking about it and I made the comment that if this was set in modern day not the early 1960's she would be considered fat. I had also read that they make the thinner actresses on the show gain weight for filming because women were curvier then. Anyway it makes me kind of sad because I'll think I look awesome when I'm as thin as Joan Holloway…


3 comments:
That is such good news Linda that you lost! I can't believe you have that much in your band and are still struggling. That really sucks!! Hope it gets better - maybe it will just take a little time to kick in.
Fingers crossed for you sunshine xx
Hi Linda,
I am getting my band in 2 days, and hope to be regifting my 18s shortly after. I will keep you in mind as long as you don't reach the 16s by then!
Thanks Coloradomom- You must be getting excited/nervous about surgery. I know there is a different level of worry as Mom going into this. I had never had surgery and was terrified of something going wrong...
In the end we will be more active, engaged Moms.
Let me know how things go on Tuesday!
Post a Comment