I realize I may have gone off the reservation a little in my previous post - fear not I am more stable today. I did get my fill Thursday and talked to my NP about being worried about running out of room in my band and still feeling too hungry.
She said that I may always get hungry between meals and that I should have a high protein snack and there's nothing wrong with that. Basically she told me to not compare myself to others and that almost 30 pounds in 3 months is better than most.
When we talked about the amount of fill I had and really there's no rhyme or reason why some people need more than others. If I get to 10 cc's with no restriction we'll do an upper GI to see what it looks like.
In the end, she gave me .5 cc's and it hasn't done a ton as far as affecting what I can eat(I can still bread easily),but it has improved how long I can go between meals without hunger. I'm thinking one more small one...
Thanks to everyone who left kind messages this week - I needed them. I have a big week this week and hopefully I'll have some good news to share soon - don't want post anything yet (I'm only slightly superstitious).
Have great weekend!


3 comments:
Hi Linda, sounds like you are doing well with the new fill. Hope it results in a pleasant encounter with the scale! 30 lbs in 3 months sounds great to me!
My nutritionist suggests 3 meals plus one protein snack per day -- so not all practices say no snacks at all. That extra snack might do the trick for you. reasonable to me.
You do sound a little better today - my heart went out to you with the other post.. its crap to have to struggle so much.
Just keep sneaking up on that sweet spot hun. You have to hit it sooner or later. And yeah.. I'm with Gen. 30 pounds in 3 months.. well that rocks!! Congrats xxx
30 lbs in 3 months is GREAT! And your Dr. is exactly right, don't compare yourself to anyone else. I know we all do, but try not too. You're def. on the right track. I feel I'm going to be exactly like you w/my fills, I'm sure I'll need much more than most other people. I can just tell from the way 4 ccs did absolutely nothing at all. That is interesting about the snack, my Dr. says NO snacks :( but that just makes me eat bigger meals for now. Keep us posted :)
Post a Comment