The Last 25

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Three Month Bandiversary!

I realized today that it's three months since banding day! I am happy to say that things have gone really smoothly since surgery and while I haven't lost as much as I did in my pre-surgery fantasies - I'm pretty happy. I'm hoping my upcoming fill will give me my sought after restriction, but the 26 pounds I've lost has made my blood sugar come down, my back not hurt anymore and has really improved my self confidence.

I want to thank everyone for the great support and community. Who knew I'd start getting up early to eat my eggs and check my blogs. :)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Gen said...

Linda, 26 lbs is awesome! Way to go. It may not seem like alot, but geez, 26 pounds is a bunch! So glad to hear your health has improved. They always say even losing a small amount improves your health.

How's the weather in MD? We moved to Colo. from Philly, not too far away. I sure did hate those summers (except when at the beach) but the fall is beautiful.

Amy said...

Congrats on your 26 lbs, Linda! And double YAY on your blood sugar coming down - that is wonderful news!

I am about 6 weeks post surgery and can relate to those pre-surgery fantasies. I just had my first fill and am somewhat disappointed by the results of it. But I'm not down about it as I have two more fills in this month alone.

THE DASH! said...

OOOh we just celebrated 3 months banded together! Go us!!! I'm glad to be back too.. missed you!! You are def one of the girls I feel closest too - maybe because we were banded around the same time and that we are alike lol (poor you if that's the case)
You are doing brilliantly - just brilliantly. Just remind yourself of that (like I have to - every fricken' day! lolol)
Hugs
Cara

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! I'm anxiously waiting for the losses to help with my weight related issues too. Blood pressure, sugars, etc!