The Last 25

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Here - With Random Thoughts

OK - I haven't blogged much lately and have no real excuse. We haven't been on vacation, we all have the same schedules, so it's really just me being uninteresting and lazy. I've been keeping up with everyone and trying to comment so hopefully you know I'm alive.

There's lots of stuff going on for BOOBS planning and it's exciting to think it's only two months away. It's weird because I've never spent the night away from Cate before (except for surgery - and I was so drugged I didn't worry about it), so I'm getting a little tug of guilt about it but it's good to get out and have fun on our own sometimes - God knows I could use it.

I've lost a few pounds over the last week so I'm at 186. I don't know when I've been here before - definitely in High School and for awhile in college, either way it's been A LONG time. My dream was to be at goal (160)by the end of September, but that's really unrealistic at this point, so I'm going to change it to I'd like to be in the 170's by then and see what I can do by the end of the year.

As important as my weight goal is I've decided that my real goal for the rest of the year is to find a new job. I've let myself stay at a place that makes me unhappy and feel shitty for way too long. In November I will have been here for 5 years(I'm almost embarrassed to type that)  - I really don't want to celebrate that. I just have days here where I feel like I exist, but only minimally. I do A LOT, but the minute my supervisor feels things are taken out of her control by me, she snatches things back (to do me a favor), I feel like I'm always having my hand smacked. I have good days and bad, but the good aren't that good. I don't feel like I've ever been myself here, I always feel on guard. I am super PMS'ing right now, so I know I'm being overly dramatic, but I know some of you understand.

I've been thinking a lot about the skin thing lately. I definitely have gross places (my arms and thighs), but right now my stomach is not as bad as I thought it would be, but I think it's because my stomach is holding on to this fat for dear life. Maybe I'll take some pics and get your opinions. I'm pretty sure if my stomach was more in proportion I'd be in a way smaller pant because my I lost my leg fat pretty fast.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some weather that is not sweltering (if so you must not live on the East Coast).




11 comments:

LDswims said...

Sigh...I wish I was still going to Chicago. I hope you enjoy your time and know you'll be going home to a happy little girl.

Totally with you on the job, although I love my company, just not my team. I can't wait until I get out of the training program and I can try to get into a new team or even division. Whereas you describe hand smacks, I have a squash feeling...every time I ask for something that would further my career, I get squashed down...but stupid me...I keep asking anyway. :) A glutton for something, I guess...

MandaPanda said...

I hear you on the job front. I think it's really tough to find work you're truly passionate about and your boss sounds like a real piece of work. I hope you find something you'll like.

Janelle said...

I love your new background thing, the blue and brown are so pretty together!

It's hard to leave a job you have been at for 5 years... and kind of hard getting a job period right now, depending on what you do. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do, I know how bad it can be going in to work everyday to a job you don't like... not a good way to spend your life.

I am constantly worrying about loose saggy skin when I get to my goal weight, which I think is a big motivator for me to exercise my ass off. I think that is a good thing but also am not sure if it will help at all... I am so scared of loose skin and definitely scared of plastic surgery so I am hoping I won't mind my body when I get down there.

Amanda Kiska said...

I feel the same way about my job. Life's too short to spend 1/3 of your time unhapppy.

Gen said...

Perfect weather here I must report....And for me my worst skin issues are my upper thighs. Also one of the hardest places to fix with PS, so I'm stuck with em....

Damn you have lost a bunch! I cannot wait to see you in person!

And BTW you are totally doing the right thing about looking for a new job. You deserve better.

*Tracy* said...

sorry your not happy at your job. congrats on the weight youve lost recently. hugs

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You know what? I'm proud of you...about the job thing....too many of us stay cuz of the money or cuz it's comfy - it takes big balls to leave...I wish you success and happiness - you deserve it.

Jacquie said...

We are the same weight as of today Linda! Its been a long time since I've seen 186 too! I carry most of my weight in my hips, thighs and butt and I'm dying to see what the end result will be! I'm thinkin it won't be pretty!

I cannot wait to meet up with you in Chicago!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the weight loss and sorry to hear about your job, I hope something better comes along.

Ugh! Don't remind me of extra skin. I'm only 11 days post-op and get nervous about my future weight loss. I have bat wings (hehe..thats what I call them) and well we'll stop there. Anyways good to heear from you!

Tina said...

You are right on my tail at that weight. I am stuck here at 180 still so I am thinking you will leave me behind in the dust.

I quit my job in March and it was the best thing I did. Good luck in finding a great job that makes you happy!

Tina

Bonnie said...

Got back from OC yesterday (had a great time and perfect weather. I'll do a post as soon as I get my pics downloaded). Wanted to check in with my local bud and sorry to hear you are feeling uninspired, but great news about the new low on the scale. I also am uninspired when it comes to my job. I'm hoping that when I lose weight I'll have the confidence to look for another job. My "problem" is that besides being uninspired, my job pays great, I have great benefits and great vacation. Sometimes I feel trapped, but it's not a terrible trap. My other thought is that when I lose weight I could at least get a part time job (maybe personal training) that would take care of my inspiration issue, so my full time job can continue to take care of the reality part of my life. Eventually when my girls are out of college I could turn my part time work into full time. Sorry, didn't mean to turn my comment on your blog around to me. Just want you to know that I totally relate to how you feel and if you ever want to talk more, I'm here.