Lots of thing going on. I have had a cold/whatever for a good week now. I'm stuffy and my throat is killing me. I'm beginning to think now it's allergies because it just won't go away. It's not affecting my band tightness like colds I've had in the past (unfortunately). Although last night I was eating some ice cream (for my poor throat..) and almost PB'd on it. It's a weird irony that my first ever PB would be on ice cream. It ended up working itself out, but so weird. So my ice cream binge ended up being about a 1/3 of a cup (love this band).
Thanks to everyone who hopped over to follow Rick's blog. He was so cute last night like "I have 8 followers - now I have 10!!" To answer your questions of whether he can hang with all the va jay jay talk and such - time will tell. I told him I'd point out some "beginner ones" to follow and he can work his way up to hardcore (Draz - I'm talking to you). I think maybe he'll follow brave Andrew's lead and comment on the weight/band stuff and remain stoically silent on the rest (or maybe not). Anyway, we're gearing up for band number 2 tomorrow.
I'm not sure if this applies to anyone other than Dawn (with husband/wife banded with kids), but I know we all agonize about your kids having weight/food issues. Do you ever worry about how your kids will be affected by seeing you eat so little? I've started to think about it because both Rick and I will be eating little portions and Cate will have like twice what we eat. I try so hard not to give her food hang ups, so I worry. I'm thinking I might buy some medium size plates to use instead of salad plates I use now so it doesn't seem so drastic.
Have a good day everyone! Our heat wave finally broke here, so it's beautiful. Hope you all can say the same.


11 comments:
Good luck to your hubby tomorrow!
I hope you feel better soon! And I hope all goes well with band number 2!
I don't think your daughter will even notice. I've learned when eating in front of others to just spread the little I have over the bigger plate. It is the same quantity but looks like a lot. There is nothing wrong with talking to her about it. Tell her that you need to eat little to lose the weight so you are healthy and will live long. Explain the negatives of fast food/soft drinks/sugar. The one side effect I never imagines was how my 24 year old son has embraced healthy cooking/eating since I started this. He has since lost about 20 pounds (he was thin to begin with but now looks quite good). He gave up refined sugars, junk food, etc and has learned portion control. So this will be a good learning experience for your daughter. But never let her feel bad if she chooses to eat something we think of as unhealthy (like the occasional chips, chocolate bar or ice cream). It's the quantities of these that got us to where we are now. She'll be fine.
I worry that my kiddos will have weight issues but my 2 sons (8 and 14) are very lean and muscular. They don't overeat so I don't worry about them. I worry about my 6 month old daughter when she grows up. I do not want her to be overweight ever!! Growing up fat...sucked! I just try to give them healthy foods and let them have "junk food" once in awhile!
I will be thinking of Rick tomorrow. I wish him well.
Linda
Its very difficult for us (me) to comment on some of the subject that are discussed on these blogs...I think it is better we (me) men stay silent...
The world of WLS blogging will change now for ever as we (Rick, I and Fat Bastard) can discuss the Premier League, boxing etc and not pubic cream remover and whootanamheys .lol. ( I know I spelt that wrong)....
Good luck to Rick tomorrow..
Hey Linda - I am so excited for you and Rick! To anser your question, feeding the kids for us is really not a big deal. Emily (10) eats what we serve & never really picked up on the portion size difference too much. She's a big eater & I am concerned about her weight :(, but we are gearing her towards more healthy choices as opposed to restricting her intake. Good luck!!!!
Okay. I'll talk my husband into getting the band so there are more men on blogger. It's the least I can do given all the support you have given me. :-) I'm actually half kidding. My husband thinks that once I get the band and start eating less, he'll start eating less. That hasn't worked in the past when I've gone on diets, so not sure why he thinks it's going to work this time. Of course ultimately it's his call whether or not he's ready for the band. I'm hoping that once he sees how successful I am with the band (because I will be successful) he'll decide to go that route. Stay tuned...
Good luck to Rick!!!
Linda, our oldest is 11yrs old and had already picked up on our poor eating habits, lack of activity and was on her way to the pudgy side. She is picking up on my healthier choices and portions. One thing you never have to worry about with children.....they WILL eat when they are hungry. :)
I have this theory that your band contracts/gets smaller when you drink or eat COLD items. That could be why you had an issue with the ice cream. I sometimes have issues with ice-cold water. Water! Be careful when you go from super-hot food to super-cold food/drink. It can screw with you.
Post a Comment