The Last 25

Monday, January 25, 2010

Cupcakes & Whine


I just finished making dozens of blue cupcakes for a baby shower at work tomorrow. I am noted as one of the best cupcake bakers in the East. The miles of blue cupcakes on my cupboard reflect my mood.
I am down - my weight will not move. Earlier this month I decided that that reaching 199 by March 1st would be a very reachable goal, but if I keep up this rate I'm looking at Summer (OK, I'm dramatic). I don't want to constantly let my mood be dictated by the scale, but I've had 7 months of really consistent loss, so this is a bummer. I am trying to go back to basics and journal my food and try to exercise as much as I can. I don't feel like I've been crazy with my eating, but old habits can slip in without much notice.
So I bought vitamins and packed them and calcium to take to work(I'm more likely to take them there), I'm going to pack my lunch everyday (not be tempted to go out), took my big Starbucks water cup to work(3 a day = 60 oz), if I don't do yoga or areobics each day I will walk on the treadmill.

I will break through this (and only eat one cupcake)...

11 comments:

MB said...

You can push through this blue period and make it to your goal.

As far as the cupcakes, mmmm...I'm hungry!!!!

Alexis said...

I too am at a standstill :( I've been stuck between the same two pounds for almost 4 weeks now. I guess we just gotta keep pluggin along and know that in due time our efforts will again reflect on the scale.

Also, those cupcakes look delish. I'm a huge baker myself. What type of piping tip did you do to get the frosting to look like that?

Yana said...

Hard to resist a cupcake! Especially ones that are so beeyoutiful!

That sucks that you feel so stuck. The scale will move though, no matter how long it takes ;(

Anonymous said...

Keep doing what you are doing. We all stall out for a little while. I am jealous of your baking skills.

Tina said...

my question exactly--how do you pipe the tops? I don't know how and want to do some pretty cupcakes for valentines day.

These stuck periods are our bodies way of trying to trick us into giving up..or derailing. OK thats how I am looking at them anyway...not sure if its true..but now i have something I can fight back against and cuss at :)when the scale gets stuck.

Athena's Melting said...

You can do this. Just remember, water, and protiens always first. You will do this. *hugs*

Lap Band Groupie said...

Oooo those look yummy! You'll be back in the 'pink' soon!! -BG

Anonymous said...

Rachel would say YUM-O they are beautimous! Don't beat yourself about about your weight..it will move...you KNOW it will, hope it is SOON.

Gen said...

Gorgeous cupcakes! MMMMMmmmmmm!

You will break through. Try doubling up on your minutes exercising when you can. Hard to do, but if helps!

Sending you Plateau Busting Vibes. :)

Brooke said...

Those cupcakes are pretty.

I am in a bit of a plateau, too. But I have noticed that when I plateau it has it's own benefits because I firm up. And lose inches very slowly. So nothing happens on the scale but I can be plateaued for a month and still go down very subtly and firm up.

I'll bet that since you're working out more that's what is happening.

Steph said...

Those cupcakes look awesome and I know you will break through this plateau and you will be losing again soon!