So lately I feel like I have pretty good restriction, but I'm still having the same problems I've been wrestling with the past couple of months. I think it's time to come to grips with what my restriction is like with this tricky little bugger (no name yet) and deal with it, instead of always hemming and hawing about needing a fill or not.
So here's where I am right now:
I am tight in the morning – I shouldn't really eat before 10:00 because it's a battle. Yet some mornings I wake up hungry and my coffee doesn't cut it. Yesterday I tried a Carnation Instant Breakfast, but I felt like I was starving all day. I feel like if I don't eat in the morning I'm hungry and making up for it the whole day.
I can eat a good lunch (a cup or so of food), but it doesn't take me from lunchtime to dinner – I have to have a snack. My Dr. said a high protein snack is fine and I may never go for 5-6 hours without getting hungry.
The last few days I've toyed with getting a tiny bit more fill so I can go longer without eating, but I really don't want to be any tighter in the mornings. I've been down the too tight road and it's scary.
The other option would be to get a tiny bit out so I'm looser and can eat an egg for breakfast again, but them I have to realize I'll be eating a more at every meal.
The last option (and one I'm leaning toward) is to ride this out and let it loosen up on it's own with some loss and evaluate again in a month or so.
I guess after 7 months I just want a "normal" feeling – but maybe I'm asking too much of my no name band.
Let me know your thoughts.
On a more pleasant note, I have a dress I got at Talbots outlet over the summer. It was a super bargain - $140 down to $20, so I bought it. At the time it seemed like an unattainable 16 (regular, not woman's), but it fits now. I really like it, but I'm conflicted as to whether it's work appropriate – it's kind of like a faux wrap so I'm very curvy in it (think Joan on Mad Men – I wish). Anyway I tried on over the weekend to get hubby's opinion on if it's Ok for work – he said "you look hot". OK – so maybe not work appropriate.
So I'm going to try it on tonight and post some pictures and need some honest feedback ladies! Stay tuned…


13 comments:
Maybe if you named your band, it would be nicer to you? HA HA, just kidding. I never have thought of giving my band a name (at least not yet. I don't want to give it too much power by personifying it! NOT kidding.)
Anyhow: these are tough questions, and I think you're on your way to a "pros and cons" list-- how about writing one of those out for staying the same, adding more, or taking a bit out? Then you can see it all in black and white and make a decision about how you want to handle 'noname' from here!
cheers
As much as I know this lapband has to be decided individually-as I read your post I had an opinion anyway because I have been there (not the over filled part but the cant't eat breakfast and then hungry. I think you are headed down the path that I would. I vote ride it out until the band loosens with more weight loss and then re-evaluate.
In the mean time is there some other things you can eat for breakfast? I cannot eat more than a bite of a scrambled egg or oatmeal anymore but can eat a string cheese or slice of cheese. Another thing you can do is pack 'breakfast' and eat it at 10 when you open up enough to eat it. I can still eat a specific brand of bread and will make a peanut butter sandwich (cut into 1/4's and I eat one at a time very slowly)later in the morning.
Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck!!
Tina
The carnation instant breakfasts always have made me hungry before lunch. However, I found that if I add a scoop of unflavored protein powder it helps. Even though I don't have restriction I normally can't eat breakfast in the morning (solid food always makes me feel sick in the early morning for some reason and it has for years). However, I have found lately that a protein drink seems to hit the spot. I normally just do a lower sugar slim fast with extra protein. However, my doc has us eat 6x a day so I have a snack later in the morning.
I'm in the exact same boat as you right now. I'm also pretty tight in the mornings and can sometimes get down some yogurt, but I don't dare try to eat solids. After that, I seem pretty good. However, there are some days where I could honestly probably eat to my hearts content if I wanted (but, I don't) and then there are days where I can barely get a stinking bite of chicken down. I definitely get full after just a little bit of food. I have a fill scheduled for next Tuesday and I've contemplated canceling it and waiting it out another month.
Maybe you can call your doctor's office and get their advice on whether or not you should come in or not? They will most likely tell you to come in rather than not, but it's all about how you are feeling. I think if you are still losing some weight and have some decent restriction than that should be your answer.
I wish I could help you but since I haven't had a fill yet, I can't. (one more week for fill #1) But your idea to wait it out sounds good. You don't want to be too tight, right? As for the wrap dress...if it is from Talbot's it should be OK for work. They are pretty conservative. Look forward to the pictures!
Hey Linda -
I've had the tight in the morning feeling for a while. I've found that if I have a cup of coffee in the morning (ice coffee for me so it takes about 90 minutes to drink) that I'm good. Then I have a protein bar (luna or zone) at around 11 or a greek yogurt with granola. Then around 1, I'll have lunch which is typically a greek yogurt if I've had a protein bar or a protein bar if I've had greek yogurt already. I still have a snack around 4pm (92 cal popcorn or bar) and then dinner around 7pm.. I've found this works for me in terms of overcoming the tightness. I don't stay full for more than three hours at a time typically, it just seems to be the way it works for me. I try to do under 1200 calories a day and just work things out against that. Good luck!
Everyone's advise seems to be great. And I think that what you are leaning towards is probably what is best for you.
I can't give you any advise as yet on this as I am getting my 2nd Fill on Monday & as yet, I can still eat anything I want at anytime of day!!
AS for the wrap dress, they can be, how can I say, very boobalicious on me...so I wear a tank top/camisole underneath. Also, depending on the slinkyness of the fabric, I like to wear a light Spanx type high-waisted panty, so I don't feel so jiggly!
Linda, since I've been really tight with this restriction it has been no more breakfast for me. I was always a good brekkie girl. Cereal or grits or eggs, but no more. I was in the same boat, waiting it out, KNOWing it was going to get looser and it didn't and got the unfil. Don't know the details, but it is finally better and I can eat soup or mushy stuff for lunch and most regular stuff at dinner time. You'll figure out what is best for you. Good luck.
I think you might wait it out. I too was like that but I think as you get to learn the band (mine is named Princess) it gets better. I hope. I'm almost 1 yr and still learning. :-0 I am wondering if I should get a fill as I'm losing but slowly and still have an occasional stuck moment...acid reflux seems to have subsided but I also want to 'up' my weight loss. I hover between 85-90 lbs weight loss...grateful but of course wish it were more. My next fill is next week - that I postponed for two so we shall see. Good luck!
Ahh Linda,
Isn't these bands of ours tricky little buggers - constantly keeping us guessing?
I think, if I was you, I would wait out the fill.. as you said, you don't want to be overfilled again (cos you've been there!!) and even a tiny squirt could have a major difference.
It seems though you are in an ok spot.. the not eating brekkie is hard.. maybe you can have something ready for when the band is ready to take something in.. a high protein something.. maybe a protein shake? It's what I did when I couldn't eat in the morning. That said, around three hours later I was hungry again. Have you tried eating a few more meals more often? Like ever three hours - have a snack of some sort? Yoghurt or almonds or a cracker with topping? Things like that (each snack I count as a meal.. though its not in the usual sense.)
I hope you find a way that works for you. It can fairly do our head in with this guessing game.
Cara xxx
LOL My verification was tries - well, if that's not the truth.. what is!!
i ahve been riding out my restriction. i am just not ready to let it go yet. i am tight in the AM. by dinner it is more self control. good luck and thanks for posting this, others comments have been helpful to me too~
Hi Linda! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm happy to find your blog too. This post is extremely helpful to me, I'm having the same issue. My dr. is having me ride it out for now since I can still do liquids for lunch and dinner. No breakfast for me. I'm having tea.
199 is my dream! You are so close! I can't wait to celebrate with you.
Post a Comment