Also, Happy banding day to Dawn and her husband!! I hope things go well.
So I know I've been a bit of a Debbie Downer lately with my scale stall, but I had a sweet thing happen today that I wanted to share. It (along with all of your comments) has definitely brightened my mood (the scale has not).
My primary care Dr. is really awesome and has been very supportive of the whole process. She asked me at my last visit in December if she could have another one of her patients who had the band contact me because she needed some support. Of course I agreed, because we all know the more support you have the better (I give this blog and all of you tons of credit for my success to this point).
So she(fellow bandster) emailed me today asking if we could talk. She had surgery 10/08 and has struggled; only losing 20 pounds. She wants me to be her mentor – seriously, me? The last line of her email was "I'm so psyched about meeting you. I think you've inspired me already". Oh sweet…
So I just wanted to pass this along because even during our biggest pity party weeks – just remember we can still inspire and motivate (even just ourselves). We have still accomplished tons even if that stupid piece of crap scale begs to differ. We still Rock!!
Have a great Wednesday!


7 comments:
That's so very cool! I've been going back through your blog as I just came over here (Band_Groupie brought me with her) and I can say you are inspirational, too!
May I ask who Amy W is - which blog is hers? I'd like to read the blog you refer to....always looking for more inspiration (and distraction)!
Thank you so much Linda and I love your new little profile picture! I have been thinking about Dawn B and her hubby as well! I cant wait to hear how things go!
Look at you inspiring people! It will be wonderful for you guys to meet and be able to share everything!
Thank you again!
That is so exciting that you get to meet her!
That's so cool to be a mentor! And you're right, what motivation! We can always disappoint ourselves (we're pros at that with diets), but it's harder to disappoint someone else! Have fun! -BG
Well I would call that a NSV, good for you to mentor someone!
You are a motivation, no matter how weird that is to hear!
Thanks for the amazing box of wonder! I am so excited to expand my wardrobe! Pink buttondown! Brown top with glittery thingies from Talbots! I likey! The jeans were a little big, but I will pass them on along with the rest when I outshrink it!
A definite NSV! And why wouldn't you be the one to mentor - you're sweet, focused and doing so well. Proud of you for capturing this moment. Wish I was the one meeting you!!
Post a Comment