The Last 25

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crazy Dream & Stupid Scale

So I had my first blogger related dream last night (that I can remember). And no, it didn't have anything to do with shaving my body parts.

Somehow in the dream I had just driven to Florida one day (apparently I lived 2 hours away- I remember saying that). I went to a weird store with like clothes and furniture (maybe like Anthropologie) and saw Bandita and Amy W. there trying on wedding dresses. So I go over to say "Hi- it's me – this is so weird running to you" and they have no idea who I am. So I try to explain about my blog, and that I read their blogs-but nothing.  So eventually they take pity on me and we have coffee or something, then I have to drive home.

So I think the F'd up thing is that even in my dreams I am so insecure – like people don't know who I am. Even in the nice accepting band blog world I obviously have hang-ups. Perhaps some therapy is in order.

 

I forgot to do a mid-March goal update on Monday, but maybe because I'm not doing so hot. I don't know if I can hit 199 by the end of the month, but I'm trying. My low this week was 206, but this morning I bounced to 208 – "stupid piece of shit scale" rolls off the tongue so easily at 6:45AM. I think I scared my husband.

 

My pants are getting baggy again, but I know I can't get in a 14 yet – so I'm in baggy pant limbo right now. I'm thinking I won't even buy new jeans because it's too close to summer (I hate wearing jeans in the summer)  and I'll just see what I can squeeze into in the fall.

 

Well my baggy ass and I have to get back to work. I hope it's as beautiful where you're at as it is here today.

 

10 comments:

SuperMegaAnna said...

You should absolutely shoot for that goal of 199. Even if you don't make it, you tried your hardest and I am sure you will come out ahead. I haven't wanted to make goals lately because I just don't want to fail... but I have learned that trying is better then nothing at all!

Jen said...

Hi Linda! Next time, come to Illinois and we'll go for coffee! You like Starbucks? lol
I'm sorry you have an evil scale too. You can borrow my evil scale drawing if you want. Amy W's is acting up too. I wish we could burn them in effigy one of these days. Maybe when we all get to goal?
Keep trying for your 199 goal, you can do it!! I'll bring the noisemakers to the party when you do.

MB said...

Awww...we would definitely recognize and love to hang out with you, Linda!!! And since you're only two hours away ;o), we'll def be able to meet (sans the Anthropologie store--well, at least not in P'cola) ;o).

By the way, I was in limbo too between 14 and 16. I remember that--NOTHING fit right!!! Ugh!!! But you'll get past that.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

THE DASH! said...

Hey Babes,
What a bugger of a dream - but dreams aren't always correct. See, Bandita just proved it!!

Sorry your scale is being a bitch. Drag out that hammer and threaten it. Usually works for me!!
Have a lovely day.
Cara xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey, too funny, I loved reading your stories! And you are a sweetie in person, I'm here to tell everyone! I'm thinking shrinking thoughts for that dang ole scale!

Amy W. said...

hahah...well Bandita would have been mean to you but me NEVER! hahah...just jokin! I wish you would just tap me on the shoulder one day! I would give you a big hug!

Kinzie said...

Hang in there, I am still hovering right at 206 too!!! Let's bust it!

Athena's Melting said...

I say the same thing to my scale on those mornings!

Alison said...

Have just read your whole blog, well done on your fantastic weight loss. I'm being banded next week and you're an inspiration!

Nicole said...

that is a funny dream!! I would know who you are :) You kicked my butt in the Biggest loser competition! Hope your scale starts moving in the right direction :)