I can feel in my bones this will be a rambling post so hold on if you dare(or care). I've stayed home the last two days from work because I had a bad kidney infection - doing better now though. I was able to get some smaller antibiotics that work.
I did go out today while I was waiting for my prescription. I got the Easter candy since I was Cate free. I must have looked like a crazy woman in the candy section because I would pick stuff up, put it down, pick something else up. I think I did pretty well limiting the candy.
Ok - off topic- a girl on the Biggest Loser just said conversated (instead conversed) - sorry that made me laugh.
While I was at Target I found the elusive Magic Shave Cream - woo-hoo. I believe I said "yes" out loud. A very uptight lady gave me the "look".
I also ran into Old Navy because I was going to be brave and try on some 14 jeans, but when I got in I didn't want to . I didn't really want to buy any because it's getting warmer. I may try to find find some on ebay to tide me over.
So I have a question for anyone who's in a couple. Do you tend to eat a lot more when your husband, wife, girl/boyfriend is gone? Rick was out of town for a wine tasting over the weekend and I ate sooo much. I definitely did some lonely eating - it's always a scary when I get in a binge mode, but I tried to control it.
I hope everyone has a good Wednesday!


14 comments:
Good luck with the MSP! Teehee.
Yes, I definitely eat more when the Hubs is traveling. It's like a reward to myself for getting everyone into bed and to sleep on my own. Or something. Please report back on the MSP.
Yes, I too tend to eat way more when I am alone then when DH is here!!
Ouch to the kidney infection! That must have been awful.
And as for eating while MOTH is gone - oh yeah. Been known to do that - but am getting better as time goes on. That's something lol.
I do, or at least I did pre-band, my husband is one of those strange people who eats to live rather than lives to eat and if he isn't home i'd eat loads more.
He's away at the moment, its only the postband swelling and nausea holding me back!
There was a man on tv this morning who said donored rather than donate. I felt very superior laughing at him!
OMG I caught the conversated comment too! I called my mom and was like did she seriously just say that?!?
As for eating, I tend to eat a lot more when my Rick (hehe we both have ricks) is not at home also. Once when he was out for the night, I ate an entire jumbo roast beef sandwich (no bread) with onion rings AND french frys! I don't what it is about them leaving, that makes us eat like that....
So sorry about the kidney infection! I have had one in my life and OUCH!
In the old days I would eat more when DH was gone, for sure. Now, not really, I might eat less because I don't have to cook! Just getting over that habit is an NSV.
I seem to remember you are tall? Otherwise I would offer to send my 14s hopefully soon!
Linda - I didn't catch the biggest loser but I can't stand it when people say "irregardless" instead of "regardless" UGH! Drives me nuts!
Anyway - sorry you were sick but glad you got the Easter thing out of the way - I had to do that last Sunday and stash all the goods!
So - lets me and you cross the 200 barrier together! I think you have a great idea there - lets do it! I got up and am 205 - AGAIN. How can I be UP from 204??? Anyway - we're identically at the same place.
I worked out again yesterday - I increased my protien and overall calories yesterday as well. I finished the day at 1300 instead of the 1100 I was doing. Today I'm going to drop it to 1000 to try to shock my system into letting it GO! My plan is to work out 5x again this week, 45 min each of running and walking. I'm also on my (.) so you'd think I would have dropped a pound or 2 just as soon as that started - but nooooo. I actually went up! So - anyway - lets make this happen!!
Ugh on the kidney infection! I hope you feel better soon. I'm not sure if you know but they sell pills at CVS that numb your urinary tract which makes it much less painful when you have to go to the bathroom. Feel better soon!
Sorry you have been unwell. I am usually ok when DH is away but the kids and him bought the Easter Eggs for everyone and then he left to go to NZ on a Sunday. Don't know if I ate 2 of the bunnies because they were there, because he went or because it was nearly that TOM....it however got me way off track and the next night I indulged too....hmmmm
Hi there!
Interesting question about eating and partners. I think I can tend to eat more when I'm alone-- but my husband has never been in the least bit 'judgy' about my weight, so I have eaten large portions in front of him too. Ordered dessert, whatever.
He and I have both noted that I eat much less now in general- I guess that's why I'm losing weight b/c I am certainly NOT dieting!
Yay band!
Oh-- I'm sorry: I am also sorry that you have been feeling poorly... :-(
Hope you're all better now...no fun! Yes, the head hunger and boredom eating is way more of a problem with DH traveling (he's gone a lot). The good thing is I'm still afraid of the dark so I go upstairs earlier...I just started going up with the kids so I can't eat LOL.
I definitely eat more WITH my husband. There were times before my band, when I could absolutely out eat him. Food was what we did for fun. Now, we still eat out, but we're both making healthier choices... not completely healthy choices... but better. And, my quantities are much much much improved.
Post a Comment