We had gorgeous spring weather over the weekend, but as I dressed each day I had a few small panic attacks because I HAVE NO WARM WEATHER CLOTHES!!! Now I do have t-shirts that work, but pants wise I'm totally screwed. The smallest pair of capris I owned was a 20 and I gave them to Kathi a few weeks ago.
I'm thinking for casual play clothes Old Navy & Target may have to be my staples because I can't afford to buy tons in multiple sizes. I decided for work I'm going to get a few pair of lighter fabric pants when I can get into a 14 and wear them with the cute, dressy tees they have out now. I have a couple from Ann Taylor Loft, so I'll pick up more. I think that will my "uniform".
I'm not sure why I'm so panicked, because obviously I've being buying new sizes this whole time (and getting a lot from Gen and Catherine). I think it's just timing. Last Summer I just had surgery, so I was able to wear most of what I had into the Fall. In Winter I did buy new pants & sweaters, but I also had smaller stuff in my closet I could wear. Now I officially have nothing old that works and it's all me. I'm down 4/5 sizes (depending on brand) since last summer, so it really is a whole new world.
Anyone else thinking about summer clothes??


7 comments:
I hear ya! Old Navy has been great for me! they just had a 30% off coupon which helped! I am scared to buy clothes right now as they may be to bug by the time summer gets here!
Yes! I'm starting to freak out. I need work and casual and swimsuits. And I'm so cheap, I hate to spend the money only to grow out of it in a few months. Ugh.
On a happy note - I'm GLAD to be freaking out about it! I really wouldn't want it any other way. lol
Ugh. I wish. Right now I'm just thinking about when the surgery might happen. I'll cross the clothes bridge when I start making real progress! I can only dream right now! Cause at this rate, I'll still be wearing the same 4 outfits I've been wearing for over a year now. I'm so tired of ALL my clothes! All 4 pants and all 6 shirts.
Ross, Marshalls, and Tj Maxx were my friends as I lost weight. I could pick up a shirt or pants for really cheap and not feel so guilty about growing out of them in a few months. I am going to need shorts and capris this summer too...Walmart provided those last summer.
Kohl's, Old Navy and Target will probably be good for you. I'm not losing enough weight (sob) for this to be a problem yet. But I really hope it will be a problem soon.
If you hafta panic, what a great thing to be panicking about, right?
How exciting to be down so many sizes. But I know what you mean about the cost of a new wardrobe when you know it will just be temporary. We are coming into our cooler months here....I have 2 pairs of summer capri's in an Aus size 18...would that help???
Nope! lol Been there, done that. Now I'm doing the winter thing. I am the same though. Apart from a few pairs of jeans, two jumpers and a zip up workout long sleeved top - I'm screwed. Gotta get out there and get some stuff. I'm holding out for the next few kilos though - I am close to a size 12 (a US size 8) so I don't want to go mad.
Just pick up a piece here and there as you see it. You're going to LOVE this summer now you're thinner - I know I did!! Good luck on the hunt. xxxx
Post a Comment