The Last 25

Friday, April 16, 2010

BYOC

1.      If you ever won the lottery – what's the very first thing you'd do?
Pay off ALL debt we had – everything. I don't think I've had no debt since I was 20. Then I would want to set up a foundation (like when you're listening to NPR and it's sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Foundation).

2. What is your favorite curse word? (This one is from Joey)
Ok – I know I come off as quiet, but I have a foul mouth. I try to work on it since I have a child, but all the years I worked in the kitchen rubbed off on me. Lot's of men swearing and I had to fit in…

So I think different situations call for different words, but Mother F'er is my go to phrase.

For whatever reason I agree with Drazil – I say it, but I don't type it.



3. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love holidays – I decorate and have gifts for everything (remember the jelly bean tree?).

I have to say I do love Christmas – the music, the weather, decorations- playing Santa. I also try really hard to keep the religious aspect present when we celebrate.


4. What turns you on? (another suggestion from Joey)

I will not say Bono(but it's true).

 

I think in general, feeling desired and attractive is a turn on. I've always felt desired by my husband, but I don't think I felt worthy of it at a certain weight.


5. I don't know if one post stood out to me this week. I was really busy and I read everyone's (and tried to comment). I do feel like we go in cycles and some weeks a lot of us are struggling and then we get back on track(maybe it's group think), so it felt like a week we were all trying to get back on track.

Oh actually - Nicole's picture of 169 on the scale really inspired me because I remember when she was where I am currently and now she's so low. It made me think about being successful and actually doing it this time.

6 comments:

Amy W. said...

Nicole is inspiring. I loves her.

anything involving the f word also is my favorite. I use it when I am really angry. I have to be careful and not say it at work! lol

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You and your Bono. Great answers! Are you sure you can't come to Chicago? Just give your daughter a pre-b-day party that's huge and she'll forgive you right? LOL

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

You love Bono,I love John Mayer. I understand! LOL. I also love it when people post pictures of the scale. Not sure why it appeals to me, I just wish those were MY painted toes I was looking down at and seeing that low number on the scale!! :) I also curse way too much. When my 3 year old called someone a 'stupid ass' out of anger one time, I realized I wasn't curbing it around the kids like I thought I was. I'm MUCH better now! But the in the car its FREE territory!

Band-Babe said...

Did I already tell you that U2 is starting their tour in my backyard this summer? Well, just a few miles from my house. I have a two guest bedrooms, and tickets are only $200 a piece.

Bonnie said...

Linda - Just saw that you are flying out of BWI. Have you booked your flight yet? Would love to travel together. Whereabouts in MD do you live? I used to live in Parkville, but moved to New Freedom, PA, which is right over MD line. Email me at blongerbeam@msn.com and hopefully we can travel together. Maybe even get together some time. We have house with inground pool so my husband and I do a lot of partying over the summer. We have 2 girls (14 and 11) I won't be banded until July so I'm a little nervous about the trip because I fell like I'll be the fat chick with all the skinny bandsters, but I guess it's worth it to meet everyone. Do you have a roommate yet?

Band-Babe said...

Yeah, it was WAY more like prom. Shrinking mommy was talking about how she went to a gender bender party over the weekend and went as an 80's prom girl. Sadly, that was ME FOR REAL!!! Anyway, I have no roommate plans at the moment, and am happy to room with you, but it looks like you may have some other suitors. Just let me know what works out for you.