The Last 25

Friday, April 9, 2010

I Love .25 CC's

 

I had my much needed fill yesterday. The appointment itself was uneventful – I always go to see the NP, Tara, because she's awesome. I like my surgeon, but beyond the fact that she's hard to get an appointment with, the last time I saw her (when I had the unfill/Slip scare) and she refilled me, she said that if I was losing a half a pound a week she wouldn't give me another fill. WTF! When I was nowhere near my sweet spot I lost that. I'm not sure if she meant because I already had a lot in my band or what but I crossed her off my list that day. Mama needs her saline!!

 

Anyway, we talked about where I was and that I had great restriction but it vanished seemingly overnight. She was in agreement that I lost fat around my stomach and I needed a top up. Going in I had 9.5 cc's in my 11 cc band (Am I the blogging record holder?). We did talk about how much to put in because in December 9.75cc caused me some issues. She asked if I was scared to go that high again and I said no, I'm 20 pounds lighter so it won't be the same. She agreed and I have 9.75 in there now. I doing moderate mushies – I had soup and hummus for lunch yesterday and ½ a homemade enchilada for dinner with no problems.

 

One thing about my appointment that was weird in a good way is that Tara asked if I had any questions and I answered honestly no, I was doing well other than the occasional plateau and chocolate binge. She agreed and said I was doing so well with the band and she didn't really have anything to say but keep it up(I love to be the star patient). She did at one point warn me that my loss may slow down, but as long as I'm losing that's good. I know we don't want to hear it, but it's obviously true and if we wanted it off super fast we should have gotten a different surgery.

 

I'm getting a little gurgle when some things are going down - which is good (no dirtiness implied). Are we so weird that we love our gurgles?

 

My office building always has free hot dogs, pretzels and peanuts on the day of the Orioles home opener (which is today), but I'll have to skip this year. I'm not sure a hot dog would make it down today – I know a soft pretzel wouldn't.

 

My scale was the lowest in I'd seen 10 years this morning – 203.8. Slow and steady.


Have a good Friday!

8 comments:

MB said...

That is awesome news about the scale and the fill!!! I definitely don't like the restrictions the docs impose with fills. You know what is working.

DB said...

Wooo Hooo! Here's to you & your gurgles!!! I hope you have good restriction. DH & I love to visit Camden Yards to see the Orioles play, we try to make it once a year - so much temptation there that's for sure.

Band-Babe said...

Oh yeah... I love a good gurgle... hee hee hee.

Go O's!!! I wish I were there!!!

Nicole said...

woo hoo that great! Hope this fill gets you back to restriction. Love Camden Yards, have visited when the Red Sox were there!

Michelle said...

Yeah for a good fill.. I love the gurgles as well..

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how a little fluid can change your life soo much...(keep your mind out of the gutter girls) You are getting so close to Onderland AMAZING!

Marie said...

Wow it will be interesting to see how much I have in my 11cc band eventually! From what I have read you do hold the record - but it works for you!!!

LDswims said...

Awesome about the fill and super awesome about the weightloss and the new number for a new decade. It's going to disappear before you know it and you'll see plenty of new numbers from here on! So exciting!