The Last 25

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Games I Play

I've been playing this little game with myself since the first of they year. In the morning I usually have coffee and it fills me up for awhile and then I eat my breakfast (whatever it may be, usually a protein bar) around 10. Now some mornings, like today, I'm hungry when wake up, but I like to play "How Long Can Linda Go Without Eating?" (it's very big in Belgium). I'm not sure why I'm doing this to myself, there's no shame in eating and I don't withhold lunch or dinner.  This morning I made it until 9:15 and then inhaled a Special K bar and was in a lot of pain.

 

So when I was first banded I made two eggs every morning and ate what I could and it was no big deal. When I think about it, I guess it started to happen when I got tight and it was tough to eat right away, so I drank my coffee first. Now, I can tell it's mental, a control thing – which is not good because I'm trading my old food control thing (bingeing) for another. So I'm putting this out there to my blog counselors that I'm going to stop playing this game and eat when I'm hungry in the morning whether it's 7:00 or 11:00.

 

After yesterday's good intentioned workout I am in very little pain(yea!), but up a freaking pound(boo!). Hope everyone's having a good Monday.

13 comments:

CC said...

is that game a board or card game? :-)

Kristin said...

Don't worry about the pound, it's just your muscles screaming for mercy. I also briefly started the how long can I wait to eat game, but am trying to stop. Our best bet is probably to eat only when we're hungry, and make good choices. Now if only I could put it into practice...

Gilly said...

Hey I play that game! I thought I invented it. Damn Belgians.

Jenny said...

I play that game too. It is not fun in the long run. Some habits are hard to break, sorry I can't offer more advice on this one.

Amy W. said...

Yes. I do that too. We are psycho sometimes. That's the only good explanation for it. That...and we have always had an unhealthy relationship with food.

Too bad we can't all have an iphone app and play with each other!

Jacquie said...

I wouldn't worry about the lb Linda, probably just the muscle's retaining water! About your game, I am also playing it...not good! I will take your cue and eat when I am hungry tomorrow morning!

Joey said...

ug. I do that too!

Nicole said...

I do that too! I can only do greek yogurt in the am because I am pretty tight

Bonnie said...

As you know, I'm not banded yet, but I've always played this game - especially when I work from home. It's almost like I don't start thinking about food until I eat breakfast. Then once I break the seal, so speak, all I think about is what I'm going to eat next.

Anonymous said...

I have never been a breakfast person either, so I guess I am guilty too.

Steph said...

I am a master of that game!!! Sadly I play it every day...It's like I am trying to remind myself that my band is working.

THE DASH! said...

I hear you! I was actually doing the same thing quite a few months in. It's good though that you recognise it (as I did) and you can start to change the practice again. You're doing so well, Linda. So proud of you xxx

Tina said...

I did it-mostly because i have trouble getting enough liquids in so I made sure I drank first. I would then be full for a while and could put off eating. Then it was an indicator as to how good my fill was.....Now I have a good fill but I am still hungry when I get up.


Do you think it is you testing your band? I think mine was that...a daily test as to my restriction. The problem is now I am getting false positive---I am hungry but I do not need a fill.

Tina