The Last 25

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Screw You Cube Boy!!

So I'm not sure if I've ever really discussed what I currently do for a living. I know I've mentioned that I don't like it, I want to go the food biz at some point, but for now I'm stuck here. So I work for a small company that is owned by a huge company (think brown). My company sells software that we create, my job is to work with the customers who have purchased the software and develop their implementation plan and schedule with one of our technical trainers (bored yet?). The company is pretty normal in that we have an accounting department, sales, customer service and then PD (product development). The PD department is kind of like the cool kids in High School, but they are nerds. They won't look you in the eye if you pass them in the hall, they only talk to each other, they are code monkeys who make way more money then anyone else and feel they are superior in every way. (If you work in the software development field I am sorry – I do not mean to offend you)

Why am I telling you all this? Well, generally they like to keep the PD folks far away from everyone else, as not to mingle the species, but they just hired a bunch of newbie code monkeys because of a big project and have run out of office cubes for them on their side. About 2 months ago they plopped one down in the cube next to mine. I have to say I dislike him. At first I would say "bless you" when he sneezed, but he would never respond – so now I don't. Plus, he set up his cube so that when he's working on his computer and I'm on mine we face each other. Now granted, there is a "wall" in between us, we can't see each other, but we can hear all.

So today my soup and salad lunch was fighting me. I made the mistake of eating a few bites of salad first then eating my soup – WOW the noises that made. I know he can hear them all and I get really embarrassed, but I don't do it on purpose. My noises culminated in a weird half gurgle/ half burp – a gurp – I tried to cover it up but it was LOUD. And I swear to God the little fucker laughed. So now it's on – he is officially my nemesis.

I don't know where or when be he will get his comeuppance!! GRRRRR……

Thanks for letting me rant

17 comments:

MB said...

Gurp--hilarious!!!

He sounds stupid...even if he is smart. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny!

Jen said...

LMAO! Get him Linda!!!

SuperMegaAnna said...

Down with the little bastard! I also make all these weird noises and know all my co-workers can hear it. O well.

LDswims said...

See...I'm one of those nerds...and...well....we are special. Our own little normal social nuances are different. Laughter is GOOD. Bless-you's...typically unnecessary (although I like 'emm...but heaven forbid I give 'em to some of my colleagues around me). Don't let him get you down.

Jenny said...

LOL! I hate cube life. I share a room too. Luckily the guy is nice, but it is still weird to share with a dude.

Jacquie said...

Go get'um Linda! GURP!

CC said...

bleh...when you pb you should put it in a tissue and leave it on his desk! gross carmen!!

Amanda Kiska said...

I'm sending out baldness & acne ju-ju to your cube-mate!

Bonnie said...

Posts like this make me thankful that I work on the road. He sounds like a real tool. Maybe some fake vomit on his desk will do the trick?

Gen said...

LOL! Ugh for the cube!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Serves you right - if I have to put up with Explosive Man you can at least put up with laughing Cube Boy. Wanna trade? I bet yours smells better. Loves you!

Sandy said...

That is funny. I am the lead of a group of developers and so right-they are all nerds. But you know what is funny/strange. They don't know it. They are really some of the most insecure people on this planet. Very little human interaction. Little human skills. I treat them more like pets that have to be tolerated because I know they don't know better. Next time fart and see what happens. Sorry if I offended any nerds out there but I'm drinking wine and commenting. Bad combination. You know what-they are probably more scared of you. Too funny.

Tina said...

hahah ...OK this is too funny. I was going to pretty much post exactly what Sandy Lee just posted. I am married to one...They really thought what you did was funny and probably likes you even more now. He is totally clueless how to be nice seriously. next time he makes a funny noise laugh...he will probably laugh back and even bub his head above the cube.

Tina

-Grace- said...

Go get him, Linda! LOL

Girl Bandit said...

I just had a fill and am gurgling big time...he is a nerd....LOL...just forget it!!!

Amanda said...

ahaha. That's great. "cube boy".

And the gurgle - omg, every time I go to sleep at night. It's SO ANNOYING!